• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROLL CALL!!! Adopt-a-Road, 9-24-16

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Four weeks from today...

Re: Adopt-a-Road, 9-24-16

I am thinking of cooking up a batch of BEER brats. At 11,500 ft elevation, even MY cooking tastes good. :)

Mark your calendar!

Coming soon...

046.jpg

Tic-toc...

Saxon095.jpg

Should be ideal conditions...

Saxon_9-23-12017a.jpg

If you want to represent our chapter, post up!

If there is enough interest, I'll grill some BEER brats for lunch. If you are interested in a cooked meal on the mountain, post up or PM.

If there is enough interest, I'll guide to a suitable "dispersed shooting" site, AFTER we take off the volunteer hats. If you are concerned about the appearance of your hat, and when to take it off, you can always send me a PM. :)

So, who is in for Saturday?

Mike, I'm late to the party, and I've already forgotten. What trail did we adopt? How difficult is it?

My weekend plans are on the verge of falling apart so I may be available.

Matt, we adopted the Idaho Springs side of Saxon Mountain, including FS 710 and FS 712. The terrain is varied, and bumpy. A full size pickup or a stock Wrangler can drive most of this trail system. A Subaru would have a rough time.

Saxon%20Snip.png

We typically meet at 9:00 AM. I like to exchange cell numbers with attendees in case someone is running behind/caught in traffic/whatever.

Meet at the Clear Creek Ranger Station, 101 Chicago Creek Road, Idaho Springs CO 80452

Please bring enough clothing for any weather condition, sturdy shoes, gloves, hat, and drinking water.

Food is open for discussion.

Damn. Had hoped to make this since I could use the Ram 2500..... I'll be in Nebraska.

No time on Saturdays since I get home Saturday mornings after friday runs ...My tow rig on 33s is most likely ok for 3 rated trails but that looong bed is a PITA and it is not a trail rig ...lol...I let my registration go this May on the trailer and Jeep afyer I get those done The Jeep is plenty ready to trailer out for a mild trail to hang out ...not boulder canyon done yet , but spring creek or less fo sho ...My XJ is not a buggy I built it to go everywhere....lol

We will see if we make it, but tentatively a friend and I will be leaving shift at 0600 in Cheyenne. How long (what route are we taking?). Should the trail cleanup take?

Should be a good EPR bullet.
303-941-6744

I prefer to chose the route at the tailgate meeting. We can't cover the whole system in a day, so, I tailor the route to the vehicles and drivers who show up.

How long it takes depends on how much time we spend talking at every stop. :)

We will see if we make it, but tentatively a friend and I will be leaving shift at 0600 in Cheyenne. How long (what route are we taking?). Should the trail cleanup take?

Should be a good EPR bullet.
303-941-6744

Well, if he goes, I'm in! :wave1:

David, keep in mind that you can leave the trail clean up at any point if necessary.
303-941-8333

Back