• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 Sport, Bolt On Mods = 10.4 1/8th Mile

10.4 1/8th Mile, is that supposed to be fast?

Yes. I had a ford probe GT that I put headers, K+N, UDP, Fidanza FLywheel in (I did some other things as well) and wouldn't have broken 14.4 in it (this is the car that was going to replace the mustang in the early 90's but the name killed it). It had 165 HP at the fly so it probably only made 150 at the wheels. This guy is in a cherokee runnin 10.4 with bolt ons. I imagine a stock one would get about 14-15.

The car in my avatar does 14.4 in the 1/4 mile stock and the anal probe is supposed to replace the Mustang?

Wait a minute. I'm dumb. The ~14.4 was the probe in the 1/4 mile, not 1/8th. I got them all xxxx up.

Not is, Was. That was just before the mustang got redesigned with the foxbody and sales went back up. The name and the front wheel drive killed the probe before it had a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
My POS would probably better a 10.4 1/8th in the dirt and my mods were all bolt on(although very expensive). :confused1

I would like to hear the explaination of that phrase as well :flame:

That's a really clean Cherokee, and the owner obviously put a lot of time into it.

That said, i'd be pissed if i spent all that time and money and could only manage a 10.4 in the 1/8th. Sometimes you just have to know what your car is good at...

My XJ ran 17.4 @ 76 mph in the 1/4 mile. 1989 XJ ALL stock with 235/75's and in 4wd. Ha.

You guys are being a little too indirect here... Watch the slang terms bro.

Anyways... I read the title and laughed, my 21 speed Schwinn could probably beat that 1/8th mile. For a quarter mile, that's pretty decent I suppose.

Back