• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker preferences - ford 9"

formatt

NAXJA Forum User
all you guys out there running a ford 9" in the rear, what are your preferences as far as lockers go? my rig easily see's 400+ miles a week on the pavement due to my job. i have a buddy that has a spool in his 9" and i definitely know thats NOT the route i want to go. any suggestions and your preferences would be great! thanks..

formatt said:
all you guys out there running a ford 9" in the rear, what are your preferences as far as lockers go? my rig easily see's 400+ miles a week on the pavement due to my job. i have a buddy that has a spool in his 9" and i definitely know thats NOT the route i want to go. any suggestions and your preferences would be great! thanks..

Yeah, a spool with the amt of street driving you do is not a good idea. I would say an ARB is the best bet, but not the cheapest. A detroit would be good, if you are easy on it on turns. I have 1 in my dana 44 and hardly notice, it is pretty mild.

Detroits work good and they are relativly inexpensive for 9"

detroit for me. I still don't know if ARB has a 35 spline unit for the 9". I do wish I had a selectable because I like the challenge of running open until I abolutely need the traction.

SeanP

i would love to go with ARBs but that kinda money isn't really available right now. more than likely, i'll be going with the detriot. i have a few things i need to take care of like inserting a drain plug and shaving the 9" so that'll give me a little time to make sure thats exactly what i want to do..

thanks for your opinions guys!

I've got 35 spline ARB in mine with the Currie HP third. I like it a lot.

Fletch

Back