• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

decisions decisions...

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So, I have been out of the loop for a month or so due to my new job which is taking up pretty much every waking hour lately. IF I go to the crawl, I would not be able to leave to head that way until after work on Thursday night at the earliest. With it being a 6+ hour drive, and us pulling a trailer, it would put us there after 1am at night. I could do it, but would be whipped at the end. And, I am not sure if the campground (which we already have registered for) will be open for such a late arrival.

The other option would be to leave at the crack of dawn on Friday morning, and drive most of the day, set-up and then do a little wheeling. wheel on Saturday, and leave Sunday morn.

It seems to me that everyone else is leaving on Wednesday or so, am I the only one from that distance who is cant leave until Thursday night/Friday????

Hate to miss this event since it looks like a lot of folks are going, even from outside the chapter, but??

~ Stump

James you gotta be there but I understand if you can't make it. I figured your job was keeping you super-busy.

I can check with Steven and get a spot lined up for you. It is an open park with a large grassy field in front along the road. You could pull in and park until the am if you had to.

Last edited:
Last year when i went i got there late at night. He had a note on his office door telling me what cabin i had. So i dont think it will matter what time you show up. You could always call.

I wont know for sure if I even have Friday off until Monday morning, so If I do have it off, we are going to be Harlan bound. If I have to work, then its off completely... If I am able to go, I will call the campground before hand. We dont have a cabin, just a camping spot with electricity... I will be in my newly finished offroad trailer/RTT.

Fingers crossed.

DSCN1799.jpg

Excellent!!!!! :yelclap:

I hope you have Friday off sir.:D

You guys think it will be necessary to reserve a spot? Both GoSlowGetStuck and I haven't served one.

I talked to Steven at the campground today and virtually no one has reserved primitive camping or RV sites. He told me he had plenty sites left and fitting people in wouldn't be a problem.

Some people may have reserved sites but not mentioned "NAXJA". When I asked today he said the cabins and two primitive campsites were all that were reserved by people who identified themselves as NAXJA.

Dave is not coming till Friday too. So if you come up Thursday late you will not miss much. Hope to see you there.

Dave is not coming till Friday too. So if you come up Thursday late you will not miss much. Hope to see you there.

18855 N Us Highway 119, Cumberland, KY 40823
606-589-4911 if you need a good room closer.
$51 per night plus tax...not bad...

I talked to Steven at the campground today and virtually no one has reserved primitive camping or RV sites. He told me he had plenty sites left and fitting people in wouldn't be a problem.

Some people may have reserved sites but not mentioned "NAXJA". When I asked today he said the cabins and two primitive campsites were all that were reserved by people who identified themselves as NAXJA.

I registered for one in April I believe.... I think I was one of the first

I cant remember if I signed up under NAXJA or not, but I supposedly have a spot reserved via an online reservation a couple months ago. I am REALLY hoping to have Friday off, I need a road trip bad. Just got the trailer wired up, and ready to rock. Jeep has been ready for months, especially since I dont drive it anymore... gotta love a company truck!

~ Stump

Steve said you and Doug were already signed up.

Did you get Fri off James? We will be starting back south from Wall, SD tomorrow morning. Wrapped up the badlands today chilling for the night before I drive my butt off to Harlen :wave1:

So, you ARE going to Harlan? Last we spoke, you didnt think you would be able to make the detour... but its been while since we spoke.

My work sucks, they arent telling anybody about Friday until Wednesday or so.... I have told the wife to plan to go, I have a feeling I am gonna be extremely sick Thursday afternoon as far as work is concerned. I am packing/prepping for the trip, so we will be there Friday afternoon come hell or high water.

~ James

So, you ARE going to Harlan? Last we spoke, you didnt think you would be able to make the detour... but its been while since we spoke.

My work sucks, they arent telling anybody about Friday until Wednesday or so.... I have told the wife to plan to go, I have a feeling I am gonna be extremely sick Thursday afternoon as far as work is concerned. I am packing/prepping for the trip, so we will be there Friday afternoon come hell or high water.

~ James
I am going, the jeep is not. No way to afford both the trip and getting the XJ to Harlan not this year anyway. Where did you reserve? I would like to setup nearby cuz I know where the good camp food will be :lickout:

Latney, I am actually trying to find the email now from the spot reservation. the place called my house today to confirm our arrival, but i was not here. I will call them back tomorrow to let them know the deal as far as when we are getting there.

I will let you know as soon as I find out something, or you can call and tell em to put you next to James Clegg's spot.

~ James

Back