• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interested in TJs.

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be shopping for a TJ this spring/summer and I'm just looking for any heads up or information that might be benificial to my decision. Thanks for any help.

12GAXJ said:
Cheerleaders drive them? :dunno:

:D

Just look for the same thing you would if you bought a XJ.

Yeah...... If he did, he'd understand why he SHOULDN'T buy a TJ..... I think his post is a cry for help. Why else would a guy ask XJ owners to tell him about TJ's. I'm sure there's one or two TJ forums out there......

Kinda like going to a Mustang forum and asking what he should look for in a Camaro...... :twak:

:D

chelms27 said:
There should be a combined TJ/Mustang forum so all of the cheerleaders and queers can hang out in one place!!

Since when does owning a Mustang make you a queer?
:dunno:
I had no idea about this when I got my Mustang...

ridge_runner agrees with mustang comment, except for old school stangs and a few svt cobras that arent stock. other than that my 4 banger 240 beats most mustangs unless their blown or spraying.

Well I had a 89 YJ and loved the damn thing, although the 4.2L sucked. The motor would not run in anything below 40*, it had massive amounts of blowby, the rear main seal leaked buckets of oil. Sometime it would just be a douche and start skipping and I'd have to beat the piss out of it just to get it home. It had character and that's why I liked it, I also loved the freedom of no doors and top along with the 5 speed transmission. I just don't want to deal with the engine problems again so I'm going with a newer tj. My cherokee is a certified POS, the frame is tweeked, the floors are rusted, it creeks, cracks, flexes, leaks, clunks and various other abnormal things.

My old YJ.

652039704_l.jpg

652039251_l.jpg

My $3k beater xj has been pretty good to me...although it did leave me stranded 300 miles from home once :(. I'm still not sure WTF that was about.

the only time my XJ left me stranded was when I hydrolocked the engine 1/4 mile down a trail. We had to pull it out with a backhoe. lol Rookie mistake.

Chero-King said:
Since when does owning a Mustang make you a queer?
:dunno:
I had no idea about this when I got my Mustang...

I am just messing around, all of my buddy's have/or have had a mustang, I just like the ford vs Chevy battle, and where I am from the trend is high school girls or dorks who want to impress high school girls have new wranglers and mustangs. I have had a TJ before also, but I hated it and sold it to buy another cherokee. I will give it to old mustangs, there have been some cool years IMO

Back