• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interested in TJs.

Couple of things, early 97's, they have a slider type climate control, check to make sure the defrosters work with the fan on hi, there is this little $1.50 part. a pin in the heater box that needs to be replaced, labor is about $600 as the dash has to come out. It was a common problem on up till 99 or so. Need to get it done on my 97.
Other than that just overall condition, I'd give the frame a once over, we have a 95YJ with a shot frame, rusted over the drivers side rear near the shock mount. We also have a donor frame but did not get around to the swap this summer.
SE is base model, X is next up and has a 4.0, sport is next up then sahara. You may find a 97 or 98 SE with the 4.0, thats the reason they came out with the X, people were saving money buying an SE then ordering the 4.0.

chelms27 said:
There should be a combined TJ/Mustang forum so all of the cheerleaders and queers can hang out in one place!!

Hey! Why do the queers get all the cheerleaders!!

I have an '01 TJ and an '01 XJ. Where one lacks, the other makes up for. Watch for rust on top of the fenders. Water collect there. Frame rust. Get a 4.0l and pay attention and you could probably find one w/ the 44 in the rear. Good luck.

btw, I'm not gay.

wranglersareforcheerleaderssti.jpg

Hasta

shimmy said:
hahaa, stewie that is great! is that your XJ?

yep. its my back window. had it done at a kiosk (sp?) after i went in from mall crawlin. next time im gonna make the text more closely match the Jeep font

camarors8992 said:
$6,000-$8,000

You're probably looking at a 97-98 for that much. It would be tough to find a 4.0L (sport or sahara) at 99' or newer for $8k. Bank on spending the $8k (unless you'd be happy with a newer YJ). Spend some time looking through autotrader and the jeep forums to see what the prices look like in your area. It's tough to touch a TJ that i'd want to be caught dead in for under $12k around here. Granted, i'm a pickey bastid :D.

johnlv6 said:
You're probably looking at a 97-98 for that much. It would be tough to find a 4.0L (sport or sahara) at 99' or newer for $8k. Bank on spending the $8k (unless you'd be happy with a newer YJ). Spend some time looking through autotrader and the jeep forums to see what the prices look like in your area. It's tough to touch a TJ that i'd want to be caught dead in for under $12k around here. Granted, i'm a pickey bastid :D.

Yea, I noticed that about down south and out west, up here in the NE the prices are more inline with other vehicles that depreciate just like every other car and truck. For some reason down south, out west and out in PA they figure they are the same price as when new... I paid $3K for one 97TJ two years ago and $4K for another 97 in the same time frame. Granted that both needed new tops, batteries, one needed new seat cover and got wet okolies but otherwise they were in good shape, found both off of autotrader.com, took a while and had to drive 3 hours to pick up one in conn, the other in nj.

Back