NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:38
NAXJA Forum User

Hydro assist help

I got this kit:

I have no fittings but i have two hoses that are long enough with the same thread male fittings on the ends of the hoses... what size fitting are for the ram? what tap do i need for my box? I have no knowledge of hydro fittings and such... thanks!

so from the ram what do i need to go in between the hose and ram? also what fitting should i run in the steering box?
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:54
NAXJA Member

Re: Hydro assist help

The ram is AN8 fittings, and that's what you should use for the hose ends and the fittings into the box. I'm assuming the fittings going into the box would need to be 1/4" pipe thread, then AN8 for the hose connection. Be sure to use good quality hydraulic hose.
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old April 7th, 2009, 14:39
NAXJA Forum User

thanks goatman - i have some hoses that i got from PSC but some look kinda short... there is a good hydro shop near me that my friends recommended and he said they can build on the spot what ya need... anyways that is what i needed!
Old April 7th, 2009, 18:14
NAXJA Forum User

I have 3' hoses on mine. They seem to be a good length with the ram mounted on the passenger side.
Old April 7th, 2009, 21:15
NAXJA Forum User

ok great thanks i need to remeaure mine! i found a local shop just from google and they knew exactaly what i was doing! they specialize in MAJOR hydro work like the rams and pistons for construction equipment, etc... so i am going to bring my ram and stuff up there and he said he had all sorts of fancy fittings... 45*, etc... he even had some race fittinf like jegs and summit sells... i am a sucker for anything anodized