• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any local interest in a '-96 rear bumper with tire carrier?

basalt51

NAXJA Member #761
Any local interest in a BPI '-96 rear bumper with tire carrier?

Trying to get a feel if there is any local interest in buying this while BPI and myself try and decide what to do. It would be easier for me to just sell it then to ship it back.

I just installed it last night, but apparently the 97+ hatches are 3" wider than the '96 and older ones, so my hatch doesn't fit between the latch and TC mount. This will only fit '96 and older XJs.

So for $760 it is yours. $2 Less than as listed on BPI's website!!!!! I know it is expensive, but you could save shipping and tax!

The bumper also has D-ring tabs and a reciever. All hardware would be included.

Last edited:
Hey Basalt -

I remember seeing that the ~'96 C4X4 bumpers have the same problem with '97+ hatches. At least one guy bent the corner of the hatch a bit and it worked and didn't look too bad from the pic I saw somewhere. Might be something to consider if you think its possible on your rig... or you could just hack the corners off instead of bending! ;)

Hey Eric - BPI's probably going to build me a new bumper with the proper dimensions. Just looking to save them and/or myself a little money and hassle by selling this one and not having to ship it back.

Thanks!

Still got it. Not sure when I'll be shipping it back. If you're interested at all make me an offer. Shipping it will probably cost $100 or more (hint hint :D )

Back