• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super Ride or Super Flex?

reckless

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to order my 3.5 XJ lift from Northridge 4x4 and want to know if its worth the extra $ for the super flex kit? It is a trail only rig and am looking at running 31x11.50 LTB's. Any opinions would be appreciated.

reckless said:
I am going to order my 3.5 XJ lift from Northridge 4x4 and want to know if its worth the extra $ for the super flex kit? It is a trail only rig and am looking at running 31x11.50 LTB's. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Do a quick search and you'll literally find millions of posts for folks asking the exact same question. I know because I had the same question.

If your rig is trail-only, I wouldn't even consider AAL instead of the full rear spring packs, (not that I would consider AAL at all anyway). I just ordered the RE6030 myself and have heard nothing but good (awesome) things about it.

- Jay

The super ride kit uses stock rubber bushings instead of the super flex joints in the control arms. These bushing provide a softer, quieter ride ON THE ROAD. For a trail rig pay a little bit more and get the flex joints,and a full leaf pack. The joints are greasable, servicable, and will last longer under hard use than the rubber bushings.

Jay2000XJ said:
Do a quick search and you'll literally find millions of posts for folks asking the exact same question. I know because I had the same question.

If your rig is trail-only, I wouldn't even consider AAL instead of the full rear spring packs, (not that I would consider AAL at all anyway). I just ordered the RE6030 myself and have heard nothing but good (awesome) things about it.

- Jay

Though this is good advise, He asked about superflex joints in the control arms not leaf springs.

like Blkxjkrawler said, get the superflex joints its worth it.

James.

RE6030 - It's what I'm running. Get the OME shocks too - Best ride I've ever had.

486blaa.jpg

34npdux.jpg

2nr205w.jpg

4g7x9bk.jpg

My trail only rig is using the Super Ride bushings because the rig was a DD a while ago. I run drop brackets and haven't found that I get any more or less flex than those running the other joints. To be honest, I would be interested in seeing them side by side to how much more flex there really is in the rebuildable Flex joint

That said, the only other consideration is the cost of replacing the joints. The rubber ones are stock Clevites and only cost about $7 a piece.

I'd probably go with the Super Flex but it's a toss-up if you drive it to the trail.

I have the 3.5 super ride on my DD. I just felt the extra money was better spent on full rear springs then the flex joint. If I did rock crawling that would be differant. Most of my off road is fire roads and mud. I get good flex out of the super ride with my JKS disco's

Get the superflex.

With the superflex kits it's a little bit more expensive but you also get swaybar discos. The super flex joints are also way better and will last MUCH longer then the rubber ones on the super ride.

If you wheel at all, get the superflex. The ride is comparable between both on the road.

I went with the Superflex on my 97 and it works great for me. I would also highly recommend the Bilstein 5100's to go with it as they work well on and off road. You may find that you will get some tire rubbing with 31x11.50's, especially if you try and mount them on stock rims with 5.25" backspacing. I noticed this morning that there's a 3.5" Superflex on eBay with only a $600 starting bid. Unfortunately the shipping is pretty high - but you might want to check it out. I have no connection to the seller and am not recommending him/her - just mentioning that I saw it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=290033446659&ih=019&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Back