NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > WinterFest 2010
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

WinterFest 2010 Planning and discussion for MWC WinterFest 2010. March 5-7 2010 at Badlands ORP, Attica, IN

Old March 8th, 2010, 16:54
NAXJA Forum User

Re: WF ideas!

ok, I just want to throw this out thats all. probaby this time we should talk to Summer Carol about let us to camp on their ground for a discount price as Attica campground is basically a mudpit.
Old March 8th, 2010, 16:54
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore Wheeler View Post
NOT going to happen. this is winterfest. this is where winterfest is held.

i'm open for a summer event somewhere else, like in michigan.
I definatley want to check out Bundy Hills Park
Old March 8th, 2010, 17:06
NAXJA Forum User

Ever think about let other Jeep models or even other brands of vehicle to join the event? I know a couples that will be more than happy to join.
Old March 8th, 2010, 17:08
NAXJA Forum User

Like my good friend- Steve

Old March 8th, 2010, 17:22
NAXJA Forum User

WF is open to anyone that has the guts to show up. We're not brand/model specific at all when it comes to attendees. Anyone is welcome. All that we ask is that they meet the minimum requirements that everyone is asked to meet.
Old March 8th, 2010, 17:24
WHO DAT!

I personally prefer a XJ/MJ group. Helps when you need parts or pointers on your type of rig.
Old March 8th, 2010, 17:25
NAXJA Forum User

I really come to this event with an open mind and an easy going attitude. I'm trying to get away from the every day grind and headaches and that means going where there are like minded people with the desire to wheel and to have fun. No drama no BS. So with that I can't really complain at all. I can just slightly imagine all the hard work it takes to make an event like this come off without it turning into a disaster.

With that being said...

The VFW is getting kinda crowded but where else can it be held? The portions weren't grand but I'm on a diet anyway.

Lots of good suggestions already being laid out here. Def like the idea of a two day event. Friday could be a mild event for most and then the big shebang on Saturday. Lots of planning and expense for just one day.
Tighter tech? Guess I don't understand. My rig got looked over real well. Battery tied down correctly, fire extinguisher, 1st aid kit, etc. Then I got the sticker. So... :shrug:

The only other thing about having the event two days is it would be a lot more work and take a lot more level headed volunteering to pull it off.

Just my 1.5 cents for the moment.
Old March 8th, 2010, 17:55
NAXJA Forum User

I believe for the group that will hit the harder trails should have the requirement of having everything strapped/secured. I'd hate to see a tool box bust a window, or even hit one of our heads. I personally think we should probably enforcen the fire extinguisher properly mounted by have a way to make it easy to reach and can be removed quickly to use it.

I personally would have failed both of the requirement I just suggested above. I said that anyway because I can see these things can be a potentinal problem when some conditions get met then the disaster occurs.

now, enough with the jeep requirements, I strongly believe that we need to make sure everyone tread lightly and clean up any mess we make.

Good example-when I was done replacing my axle shaft on my D35. I picked up all dirts and leaves, etc that was saturated with gear lube into a 5 gallon bucket to contain them so I can properly disposal them.

I almost want to pick all of these trash tires in the entry if the pink trail. We can make the more welcome by clean up after ourself and tread lightly and pick up any trash as we go by.
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95' heep View Post
I strongly believe that we need to make sure everyone tread lightly and clean up any mess we make.
I was doing that the whole trip, Just ask Brendan.
[/QUOTE]
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:02
Want to puff on my pipe?

We are pretty limited for campgrounds and meeting halls in Attica.
There are a few of us who would find it impossible to get to and from Summer's Campground. We searched high and low for a dinner place and that is all there is, there ain't no more....

I didn't think the VFW was too crowded. I did find it disturbing that we as a group left it looking like a bunch of hogs were in there. there were clumps of mud everywhere! I think we could have knocked the mud from our shoes better. While some went to the fire, others worked for an hour cleaning the place.

We would be lucky to find anyone else to take us if that is how we treat their hall....

I am done now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
[RTETTY DTR I JSVR NRVER BERNN THING DRRND.
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexdXJ View Post
I was doing that the whole trip, Just ask Brendan.
I didnt pointed to you or anybody in any way! I want to ENSURE that everyone did what I just posted.

If a enivormentist try to bust our ass but they find that we are not what they're looking for to screw with because we enforced that we tread lightly (make least of damage to travel the trail) and not litter the area and bunch of pics/videos to prove.
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:13
NAXJA Forum User

Maybe next year we can ask for volunteers a week or so in advance of the event for clean up. Better then hoping for some folks to step up at the last minute. I picked up my plate and junk and I did try to knock off the mud on my boots but I probably wasn't that successful.
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:13
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanR View Post
I didn't think the VFW was too crowded. I did find it disturbing that we as a group left it looking like a bunch of hogs were in there. there were clumps of mud everywhere! I think we could have knocked the mud from our shoes better. While some went to the fire, others worked for an hour cleaning the place.
Yeah that was not a good call on many people's part(including mine) I did make sure my trash was picked up and the chairs were pushed in. I would have gladly stayed and helped sweep if i was asked to.
[/QUOTE]
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:31
NAXJA Member #120

summers campground doesn't open until mid april...that's not winterfest...
plus if you have four people split a site $20 a night isn't that bad...

for a climate controlled place that robbies will cater to, we are limited. i think a couple more tables may have helped...or put a limit on dinner?...any place else will probably be more expensive...if you can find some place else...

mac 'back to the garage' gyvr
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:32
NAXJA Forum User

The hall was a mess, no question there. It did look like a hog lot.
It was dissapointing to see nearly everyone leave and not help out.
You'd think that the "staff" would know that they're expected to lend an hand at the very least.