NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > ColoradoFest 2016
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

ColoradoFest 2016 July 24th - 30th, 2016 in Ouray, Co

Old August 7th, 2016, 20:04
NAXJA Forum User

Cofest pics & videos

Just got back to VA today. Was a long trip back. Here's a few videos of Poughkeepsie that I had on my phone. I'll get more stuff posted up after I sleep...

James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHL-SZIlbM

Jeff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhRaaqwztqY

John
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw87g3BvhGQ
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:17
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Cofest pics & videos

How was the houston trip after? Any more cps issues?
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:27
NAXJA Forum User

CO to Houston, no problems. Houston to New Orleans (spur of the moment detour), Fine. Fired it up to leave NO and cam pos sensor died. Caught a Taxi to napa and they warrantied it. Crank sensor is still acting funny when it gets hot. We didn't turn the engine off from NO to VA, lol. It was a long drive... Did you say there was a high altitude crank sensor that works better than these factory ones? Hood vents are going to be my next upgrade for sure.
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:30
NAXJA Forum User

Try this.
High alt cps PN:
SU3014

Autozone.
Maybe that'll help.
Old August 12th, 2016, 19:15
NAXJA Forum User

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Jake...?sort=3&page=1

Finally got some pics uploaded after fighting photobucket for the last 2 nights. Deleted about 1.2GB of pics/videos and it's telling me there's not room for 400 MB of pics...
Thanks to everybody who organized the trip and those who helped me get my junk back on the road. It was a heck of a trip! and Mike, you gotta upload the video of those dirt bikers wiping out!
Old August 13th, 2016, 00:01
NAXJA Forum User

Haha. I'll try again tomorrow. Was taking foreeeeever.
Old August 15th, 2016, 20:01
NAXJA Forum User

Do you have Facebook? I've got a few videos up on there as well as more pics.
Old August 15th, 2016, 22:28
NAXJA Forum User

Nice pics and vids.
Old August 16th, 2016, 08:02
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake3240 View Post
CO to Houston, no problems. Houston to New Orleans (spur of the moment detour), Fine. Fired it up to leave NO and cam pos sensor died. Caught a Taxi to napa and they warrantied it. Crank sensor is still acting funny when it gets hot. We didn't turn the engine off from NO to VA, lol. It was a long drive... Did you say there was a high altitude crank sensor that works better than these factory ones? Hood vents are going to be my next upgrade for sure.
What year is your XJ? That sensor only works on Renix machines.
Old August 17th, 2016, 19:47
NAXJA Forum User

Yeah, I saw the connector. Mine's a 97 so it probably won't work. I Put the new mopar one I bought back in, but I have fuel problems too, so I'm gonna get that taken care of before I mess with CPS any more. Hooked up a gauge to the fuel rail yesterday. Have to take it to run twice in rapid succession to get pressure up to normal, and then it drops back to 0 in 5-10 seconds when the pump turns off. Runs right at 49 while running though. Gonna pull the rail tomorrow and check for a leaky injector(I might go with some 4 hole injectors either way). Otherwise, looks like I'm putting in a new fuel pump. Annoying cause I just put this one in about 3-4 years ago.
Old August 18th, 2016, 14:29
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake3240 View Post
Yeah, I saw the connector. Mine's a 97 so it probably won't work. I Put the new mopar one I bought back in, but I have fuel problems too, so I'm gonna get that taken care of before I mess with CPS any more. Hooked up a gauge to the fuel rail yesterday. Have to take it to run twice in rapid succession to get pressure up to normal, and then it drops back to 0 in 5-10 seconds when the pump turns off. Runs right at 49 while running though. Gonna pull the rail tomorrow and check for a leaky injector(I might go with some 4 hole injectors either way). Otherwise, looks like I'm putting in a new fuel pump. Annoying cause I just put this one in about 3-4 years ago.
I guarantee it will not work, even if you change the connectors. One is a variable reluctance sensor and the other is a Hall effect sensor.