• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CT wheelin

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
Eagle i know your from CT, I was at lamentation mountain a few weeks ago, a friend of mine lives in Meriden so i frequent that area, i have also been to the spot over b7y Pratt and Whitney, but not in a long time. ANyway, some of the guys from Long Island ORC used to go to lamentation but mentioned they had issues recently getting in there w/o neighbors calling authority. Im wondering if there is more than one entrance in there, and also what else does CT have to offer?

Speaking of LIOR, say hello to Doug for me the next time you see him.

i havent been out with them yet, but im friends with evan and mark silverman, this summer i plan on going on a few runs with lior now that i live back in ny again. it was them who informed me about lamentation being a hassal to get into. however a few weeks ago i got in there no problem, it was only 2 jeeps though so we quietly snuck in

Lamentation Mountain is definitely CLOSED and off-limits. Has been for a couple of years, so if you were there recently you did a no-no. The place by Pratt & Whitney (are you referring to "Airline Road" off Route 9 south of Middletown?) has always been illegal and off-limits. If you wheeled there -- you shouldn't have.

There is only one legal place to wheel in Connecticut. It's a state forest in the northern part of the state, and the roads/trails available vary by season so you MUST contact the ranger to get a map of what's going to be open when you plan to go there.

For that reason I will not provide any further info, because of your history of wheeling where it isn't legal. I'm sorry, but we just can't afford to lose the one place we have left. If you're willing to play by the rules, hit me with a PM and I'll find you a phone number for the ranger. If I do any more than that, and if you go in there and screw it up for us, there are about 6 clubs around here who will skin you alive, AFTER they boil me in oil for spilling the beans.

this is new news to me, but yeah, i def would like the number for a place i can go and not look over my shoulder. How are the trails there? I didn't realize that CT is that strict, i lived there so i know its a conservative state, but i def. would like to be clued in on some legal wheeling and if u have any forwards of schedules when groups are going out. Sorry to be "that guy", its just that i was never bothered there so i just accepted it as an open invitation.

Back