• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ For Sale 7" Lift W/ 35's

clinthschmucker

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale: 1989 Jeep Cherokee Limited in San Diego, CA (7 Inch Lift W/ 35's)

http://members.cox.net/cschmucker/xj2

Black paint is in great condition. Has some "bush" scratches, but is overall in great condition. Truck, gets a lot of compliments!

4.0 - 180,000 Miles (Motor has a noisy lifter - goes away after extended driving) New Rear main seal, newer Power Steering Pump, 92 and later Radiator Conversion, Newer GDI 3 Row Radiator,

Automatic (Has a high capacity transmission cooler)

242 transfer Case

35x12.50x15 Mud Terrain tires mounted on custom steel rims. Have a full size spare mounted on matching wheel.

Interior: Grey leather, (Small rip in drivers seat), new headliner. Power Windows/ locks, Power Seats, AC, Alarm System, Great Condition.

D44 Rear End - 4.88 gears with a Detroit Locker, Drum Brakes (I have all of the parts for disk brake conversion - Cadillac Eldorado Calipers, Warn Caliper Bracket, Rotors)

D30 Front End - 4.88 Gears with a Lockrite, 5-760 u-joints with Full circle snap rings

Armor: Gas tank skid plate, transmission skid plate (homemade), transfer case skid plate (homemade), High Clearance rear bumper with rock skids (homemade), Front Bumper with custom bush guard, Rock Rails (homemade),

Lift (7 Inches):
-Rubicon Express 4.5" springs W/ 3 inch spacer
-Rustys fixed lower Control Arms
-Rubicon Express Fixed Upper Control Arms
-Rustys Trac Bar
-Rubicon Express Heavy Duty Tie Rod
-JKS Quicker Disconnects (Latest Version)
-Front upper shock conversion to use standard
-Rustys extended shackles
-Homemade spring pack with extra main leaf and full
length add-a-leaf
-1.5" Lift Block

Misc:
-Clearanced front fenders w/ raised flares, done so
it is not really noticeable
-Midland CB W/ Antenna mounted on bracket on
front fender
-Sony CD Player with pre-amp/ CD Changer hook
ups under rear seat.
-Tons of Spares! (steering, 2 sets of front axles,
control arms, springs, brakes, hubs) I also have
the original "limited" gold rims mounted on
31x10.50x15 tires.
-Tow Hitch
-Front Tow Hooks, Rear tow hook in Receiver

Thanks,
Clint Schmucker
San Diego, CA 92119
[email protected]

I am sorry, I just realized I did not post a price. I am asking $6000 or best offer for it. My wife and I are looking at buying another house, and need to downsize. More than likely, I will be buying a motorcycle with the money from this sale, so I am willing to talk trades for a cruiser.
My Jeep is in excellent condition. I ran Clawhammer (Johnson Valley) in it a few months ago, and it did great. The body is in excellent shape, and it was repainted by Jeep a few years back (Previous owner).
This is your chance to buy an XJ in great condition, that is ready to wheel. Lets Talk...

Thanks,
Clint

That Jeep looks so awesome, I wish I had enough money to buy it. don't you have another vehicle you can sell, so you can keep the jeep, but still do whatever with a house?

do you have the long arms or short arms? is DW an issue at all?

I am running short arms. The only time I have ever had a DW problem was with my old sagging rancho 3" lift, and that was because I was running a Rancho rs5000 steering stabilizer. Once I went back to the factory stabilizer, I never had another problem.

This set up is completely dialed in, and stable. I have had the 35's on for a while now, and do not have any issues. With the 4.88's and the automatic, it runs real well on the freeway, and has enough power in most situations. On long hills, I wish i had a little more power, but that is to be expected.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Thanks,
Clint S
San Diego

I'd give you 5Gs right now for you XJ. My only problem is I'm waiting for some green for my banshee. $4,500 to be exact and I'm rolling that into an XJ. I have been figuring I'd need to build it how I wanted, but yours is pretty much how I wanted to set it up.

Maybe I'll hook up with you when I get my money, which should be by the middle of the week and we can talk turkey.

Scott

I'll trade you for a 94 F250 Supercab longbed with a 460 V8 and a manual trans. Only thing wrong with it is that it needs a 3rd gear synchro. Doesn't like to be shifted fast. :D

Back