• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR OR SMITTYBILT BUMPERS FOR 98XJ

I don't know about rear bumpers, but my Rough Country front bumper is well made and has pretty good tie-ins, although I feel that none of the off-the-shelf tie-ins that I've seen are as good as they could be. Powdercoat has been very durable. And I like that it keeps the winch fairly low.

I don't know about rear bumpers, but my Rough Country front bumper is well made and has pretty good tie-ins, although I feel that none of the off-the-shelf tie-ins that I've seen are as good as they could be. Powdercoat has been very durable. And I like that it keeps the winch fairly low.

They sure don't have good body lines!
RC45LA_front_driver_flexed_driver_side_view.jpg

I agree that there are better looking front bumpers out there, but this came on my XJ, and I'm not going to replace it based on looks alone. But even if my XJ had a stock front bumper when I bought it, I'd still give the RC serious consideration because it checks the most important boxes for a good price - good tie-ins, good winch mount, some tow points, durable powder coat, and doesn't weigh too much.

Back