• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocks And Valleys Offroad Park

John D

NAXJA Member # 788
If you haven’t been there yet and you live in Michigan you should check it out. It is near Mt. Pleasant, about in the middle of the Lower Peninsula. We made our second trip there this summer with (96 Classic) John B with his LS1 XJ, Josh his son-in-law and his two kids (don’t remember his name on here), Walt (VAhasnoWaves) and me (wife and 3 kids included). The website is a bit outdated http://rocksandvalleys.com/about.html . It was actually $20 for vehicle, driver and passenger (kids under 12 free). And there was a sign showing hours on Saturday were until 7:30 and Sunday until 6:00, not 5:00. It was a lot of fun, the park is only in it second year and the owners are improving it all the time.

Here’s a link to all the pics http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae89/john_darling/Rocks%20And%20Valleys%208-22-10/

Parking lot

When we got there the parking lot was empty, the owners said that if it rains on Saturday nobody comes on Sunday. It rained on Saturday and I think there was less than 6 other Jeeps (besides us) in the park.
DSCN4067.jpg

John B

Showing off for the camera. My kids are the critics you can hear.
The comment about flipping was from my 6 year old. He rode with John on the first trip up this climb.
You can see him all happy in the next pic down.

http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae89/john_darling/Rocks%20And%20Valleys%208-22-10/?action=view&current=DSCN4136.mp4

DSCN4071.jpg

DSCN4083.jpg

DSCN4114.jpg

Walt

DSCN4044.jpg

Josh

DSCN4135.jpg

Us

DSCN4124.jpg

DSCN4103.jpg

DSCN4093.jpg

DSCN4063.jpg

DSCN4055.jpg

Lunch time!

DSCN4064.jpg

Sporting the Winterfest 2009 swag.

DSCN4142.jpg

agree, these are a few shots of Macgyvr, Brian and I a couple weeks before you guys went...

40192_1490911747239_1067348405_31449421_8270768_n.jpg

45595_1490911827241_1067348405_31449422_6713214_n.jpg

44632_1490912947269_1067348405_31449435_7540418_n.jpg

45838_1490912507258_1067348405_31449429_8092783_n.jpg

44441_1490930387705_1067348405_31449529_8309183_n.jpg

I've never used my winch as much as I did this day, not that it's too tough, just bad lines.

Last edited:
Macgyvr was there? Where was I? I was just there a few weeks ago too. Sorry we missed each other. I guess I need to go out to Moab to wheel with him and the Mrs. or at least to the Badlands.

I am going to try and make it to R&V's on the 4th of Sept. for the competition they are having.

John

Macgyvr was there? Where was I? I was just there a few weeks ago too. Sorry we missed each other. I guess I need to go out to Moab to wheel with him and the Mrs. or at least to the Badlands.

I am going to try and make it to R&V's on the 4th of Sept. for the competition they are having.

John

Holy Crap, what got into you? Its been like 2 years since you posted! :D Mac will be at badlands with a bunch of us MWC knuckleheads in October 2nd come on out. Didn't get to meet you at wf09!

Holy Crap, what got into you? Its been like 2 years since you posted! :D Mac will be at badlands with a bunch of us MWC knuckleheads in October 2nd come on out. Didn't get to meet you at wf09!

I'm still here I just don't get on the computer much. Thanks for the invite. I'll mark my calendar for Oct. 2.

Happy Trails. John

I'm still here I just don't get on the computer much. Thanks for the invite. I'll mark my calendar for Oct. 2.

Happy Trails. John

October 2nd is going to be a massive racing/competition day at the badlands. I don't know how much wheelin will be done (I'm assuming the park is going to remain open with portions of it closed), but there will be lots to watch all day. The night cap is the TREC race that is also a qualifier for the King of the Hammers. There should be some impressive rigs there for the event.

John, me and Dan went to R&V on August 7th.

mac 'thought you were too good for us with all that magazine time (UA) :kissyou: 'gyvr

October 2nd is going to be a massive racing/competition day at the badlands. I don't know how much wheelin will be done (I'm assuming the park is going to remain open with portions of it closed), but there will be lots to watch all day. The night cap is the TREC race that is also a qualifier for the King of the Hammers. There should be some impressive rigs there for the event.

John, me and Dan went to R&V on August 7th.

mac 'thought you were too good for us with all that magazine time (UA) :kissyou: 'gyvr

The Nov. issue of 4wheel & Offroad should be out in a week or 2 so bring a pen along and I can autograph it for you.;)

So do I need to bring the XJ or just myself to the badlands to watch all the action? Are you there for the day or overnight?

Thanks for the update. Let me know.

John

The Nov. issue of 4wheel & Offroad should be out in a week or 2 so bring a pen along and I can autograph it for you.;)

So do I need to bring the XJ or just myself to the badlands to watch all the action? Are you there for the day or overnight?

Thanks for the update. Let me know.

John

You'll be able to see the action without a Jeep but there should be some good wheelin to be done too. I'm going down the weekend of the 11th of Sept and I'll see how much of the park will be open on the 2nd. For Oct, I'll be there all weekend, maybe getting down there as early as Thursday afternoon, camping...

I threw my tent away...
6a8c428f.jpg

I'll bring a pen and my issues from last year and this year to be signed....I'll even give you a signed copy of FourWheeler with Winterfest in it...if you want :)

mac 'still jealous of the UA and want to hear the stories' gyvr

fixed.

my junk is so small compared to yours.

Some of us don't need to compensate Dan.:D
..........and I bet you don't have near as much $$ tied up in your junk.

Back