NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old September 19th, 2004, 22:42
NAXJA Forum User

Custom 4x4 Bumper/Tire Carrier and D-ring mounts

Ok, so I have been thinking about buying the Custom 4x4 Bumper/Tire Carrier combo, but can't figure out how the d-ring setup would work. The way that swingout is setup I don't see how you would get to them unless you had the swingout open. If anyone that has this setup could post a pick or just explain how it works I would appreciate it.
Old September 19th, 2004, 22:54
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Custom 4x4 Bumper/Tire Carrier and D-ring mounts

The d ring mounts will be welded low to the bumper to clear the tire carrier, when I ordered my rear bumper i told him that I wanted to have rear d-rings and the tire carrier and he knows what to do. Call Mike and he will explain it to you.
Old September 20th, 2004, 07:27
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los11
The d ring mounts will be welded low to the bumper to clear the tire carrier, when I ordered my rear bumper i told him that I wanted to have rear d-rings and the tire carrier and he knows what to do. Call Mike and he will explain it to you.
Right on thanks, how do you like this bumper? Does it rattle? Has the hinge shown any sign of fatigue?
Old September 20th, 2004, 07:48
NAXJA Forum User

Bumper is great so far, the d-rings rattle a little, I havent put on the tire carrier yet cause when I got the rear bumper I didnt get the tire carrier. The carrier should be here in a week. If you ordering front and rear bumpers + tire carrrier talk to Mike and say is there anything he can do for you on the price he saved me like about a 100 bucks.