• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no more riding @ Aetna mountain

It sucks but we all knew it was coming...

This is exactly why I did not renew my lease.

However, TWRA does NOT own all of it, and they cannot keep lease holders off of property that isn't theirs. So I guess technically there will still be some riding for now... Unfortunately, a lot of the "hot spots" were on their property and while there are many ways on to the mountain, I'd say there will be a stiff fine for anyone caught on their land.

Our government is our enemy. We should all take up planting flowers and singing kumbaya.

It sucks but we all knew it was coming...

This is exactly why I did not renew my lease.

However, TWRA does NOT own all of it, and they cannot keep lease holders off of property that isn't theirs. So I guess technically there will still be some riding for now... Unfortunately, a lot of the "hot spots" were on their property and while there are many ways on to the mountain, I'd say there will be a stiff fine for anyone caught on their land.

Our government is our enemy. We should all take up planting flowers and singing kumbaya.

I wouldn't try it. TWRA has the authority to seize your property. They could take your rig, your tow rig, trailer, etc. Anything that they consider "part of the incident". They can be as bad as the IRS.

Well, Im not going to... But what Im saying is that the lease property accesses land that doesn't belong to TWRA so theoretically you can still ride there. The bitch of it is that the TWRA property is kinda right down the middle of the place so there's really no point.

Im really glad I didn't renew my lease though! I'd be pissed!

It was fun while it lasted... Not gonna risk having my junk seized for a day of trail riding.

I wonder how well they will follow through with "making the WMA accessible to more user groups" I highly doubt they included ORVs as one of those groups =/

Thought I'd throw in some "good memory photos"

l_6c965e750c6794f0b01b53408e3bd52a.jpg

l_04c3b33cda5cda1d37617ff0c55cadbb.jpg

l_4297906b5a07637cf7dbae069f4798f3.jpg

l_3c582491fffae1d57f4a244d7d7e2f9f.jpg

These were the only pics i have uploaded from a long time ago... Best i could do with my phone

Back