• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a 2-door in sacramento area

sacto_patrol

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys.

Well I've owned two XJ's and have now decided I want another one. I'm looking for a 2 door in the sacramento. Any help you guys could provide would be appreciated

Welcome!
2-doors are cool. Look for the thread by Bronco lower down on the page, he saw one down towards Modesto I think.

Got a Black w/Red interior 2 door that doesn't run. I think it has a blown head gasket. It's a 85 Laredo. Swing away factory spare carrier. 2.8 V6 , with a rebuilt tranny. Has a new radiator, and a new starter.

Missing some items I have taken from it for my 85 4 door:
grill, front bumper, cat, driver side exhaust manifold. Instrument cluster is gone, but I have retained the speedo/odometer 160,000.(About 70k on rebuilt motor.)

Has no current title, but I think you could build this one and re-register it.

If anyone in the Sierra Chapter is interested to come look at it and make me an offer: [email protected]

Please don't reply here, because I don't always check.

I guess I should of been more specific, sorry. I'm looking for something 95 or newer that I can wheel and DD.

Hopefully someone will pick yours up bring some life back to it :)

sacto_patrol said:
I guess I should of been more specific, sorry. I'm looking for something 95 or newer that I can wheel and DD.

Hopefully someone will pick yours up bring some life back to it :)

As you probably know, 2 doors are much harder to get than 4 doors. I have 1 and a few others in the club, but they were hard to get a hold of. A 2 door is nice in that you can cut the rear fenders up more to fit bigger tires, but harder on passengers to get in the back, especially when lifted. If you are patient enough and can wait you should be able to get a hold of 1, but later years seem even harder to get than late 80's-early 90's.
Troy

Big Red said:
As you probably know, 2 doors are much harder to get than 4 doors. I have 1 and a few others in the club, but they were hard to get a hold of. A 2 door is nice in that you can cut the rear fenders up more to fit bigger tires, but harder on passengers to get in the back, especially when lifted. If you are patient enough and can wait you should be able to get a hold of 1, but later years seem even harder to get than late 80's-early 90's.
Troy

Its true. The ones I've seen over the past year or so that fit your description are all 2WD. The good thing (which may be a coincidence) is that they all seemed to be low miles (for the year) and you could convert it pretty cheap.
Billy

Luckily I can, as I have other vehicles. I will wait around and keep turning over rocks tell I find one :). If you guys happen to see one in a dealership or on the side of the road for sale and can tell me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

sacto_patrol said:
Luckly patient is a vertue I do have. I will wait around and keep turning over rocks tell I find one :). If you guys happen to see one in a dealership or on the side of the road for sale and can tell me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

What's the most you'd spend on 1? I saw recently on autotrader.com I'm not sure if it sold yet. It was a 2000 or so white 2 door 4x4 for under $5K. Just do a search within 200-300 miles radius of Sac and you should be able to find it. You can do lots of searching on the internet before you pick a few to look at. A 95'+ is nice, I had 1 that I regret selling. Got it on ebay through the govt surplus in Salem, OR. I got it for $3K blue 4 door, 231 t-case, aw4, air, no center console. It was an SE model 4x4 with everthing I needed. I sold it for $3,500. Now that my tranny in my 98' grand cherokee blew, I wish I had kept it. With a 3" lift and 31's, cd player etc it would have been a good dd for me. The place on ebay is called OregonMotors 2000 or something like that in Salem, OR. They have 2-3 xj's a week on their site 95'+ usually SE models. Try to get a 97'+ for the newer look with the update interior, gauges, ext etc.
Troy

sacto_patrol said:
Luckily I can, as I have other vehicles. I will wait around and keep turning over rocks tell I find one :). If you guys happen to see one in a dealership or on the side of the road for sale and can tell me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

No problem. Where is Sarahell anyway? Sounds like where I live when I spend a little too much time with the Jeep and not enough w/ the misses :shhh:
J/K Sara... I love ya :laugh3:

JeepFreak21 said:
No problem. Where is Sarahell anyway? Sounds like where I live when I spend a little too much time with the Jeep and not enough w/ the misses :shhh:
J/K Sara... I love ya :laugh3:

Don't dig yourself a hole man. That is your misses name? How's your rig coming along Billy? Are you going on the Swamp run this next weekend? I know I've commented on it before, but nice database! My brother-in-law is thinking about getting an xj to wheel and your database has so many xj's in it that you can really see what people are doing with them. Good work.
Troy

It is wonderful sacramento, Elk Grove to be specific. I was planing to spend in the $8 to $9K range for a 99+ ans a little less for 97 to 98. I had an 88 2 door that I loved with 230,000 on it. I also had a 98 4 door, like that one more but rather of had a 2door.

sacto_patrol said:
It is wonderful sacramento, Elk Grove to be specific. I was planing to spend in the $8 to $9K range for a 99+ ans a little less for 97 to 98. I had an 88 2 door that I loved with 230,000 on it. I also had a 98 4 door, like that one more but rather of had a 2door.

Here's a nice local green 99' 2 door in Daly City 99K, $8K:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...&advanced=n&start_year=1991&color=&cardist=94

Nice red 97' 4 door, I know you want a 2 door: http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...&advanced=n&start_year=1991&color=&cardist=88

Nice black 98' 2 door only 57K miles, manual tranny, $7K 269 miles from Citrus Heights.: http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...advanced=n&start_year=1991&color=&cardist=269

Here's the white 98' I was telling you about 120K miles,$5K Bay Area:
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...advanced=n&start_year=1991&color=&cardist=100

Here's the search I used, so they are out there, just a bit harder to get than a 4 door. Many times 2 doors were used in industrial/govt ect activities as more of a work truck than a 4 door. http://autotrader.com/findacar/resu...JEEP&address=95610&search_type=used&x=29&y=12
Troy

Big Red said:
Don't dig yourself a hole man. That is your misses name? How's your rig coming along Billy? Are you going on the Swamp run this next weekend? I know I've commented on it before, but nice database! My brother-in-law is thinking about getting an xj to wheel and your database has so many xj's in it that you can really see what people are doing with them. Good work.
Troy

Yup, Sara's her name and luckily for me she has a great sense of humor. My rig actually took 1 step back and no steps forward in the last 3 weeks. One thing right after another, from vacation to being sick to having my wisdom teeth pulled.... I will not be making the swamp run.
We need a thread hijack smilie for Troy :)
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
Yup, Sara's her name and luckily for me she has a great sense of humor. My rig actually took 1 step back and no steps forward in the last 3 weeks. One thing right after another, from vacation to being sick to having my wisdom teeth pulled.... I will not be making the swamp run.
We need a thread hijack smilie for Troy :)
Billy

You can be my co-pilot if you want to make the run Billy. I'm leaving after work and could come back to CH to pick you up around 6-7 p.m. and then drive down to Matt's place this Friday. Let me know if this sounds good.
Troy

Thanks Man appreciate the help. I used auto trader last night, forgot about till you mentioned something. I was using cars.com and was drawing a blank.

sacto_patrol said:
Thanks Man appreciate the help. I used auto trader last night, forgot about till you mentioned something. I was using cars.com and was drawing a blank.

Have you checked out the xj's I gave you a link for? There are some good candidates there in your price range. I like the 99' green 2 door the best I think. You get the new intake with that year.
Troy

I got one and im in Sacto. It needs some work tho, its an 85 4 cyl 5spd. No carpet or headliner lol. needs some valve work or a new head. Like i said it needs work. Maybe someone else is interested....

Will I need lift parts and lockers, Yes I will.

My plan is to go with 4.5" RE Kit and lockers is some what dependent upon the year and the rear axle. Will only be running 33's, as this will be my DD and wheeler. Plus I am not looking for something to hard core, had that before. Just a dam good rig, that can take places with good fishing and some fun trails.

Back