NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter > Other Rides and Builds
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Other Rides and Builds A place for the discussion of Colorado "Side Projects"

Old May 24th, 2017, 15:45
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Meow...........

Yeah you'll definitely have to join on that road. Look it up. Hwy92 from blue Mesa to hotchkiss. Super fun drive. I'm going to try and get some video up there this weekend.
As far as Puebla just let me know, as I'll have to get the car to front range. Zarco is drag set up these days not sure if he'd be down for the track
Old May 24th, 2017, 15:46
NAXJA Forum User

And yeah. Only one year this color for SS. Most were auto. Of those manual most were t top or convertible. Only two in this set up. She's a rare bird.
Old May 24th, 2017, 19:37
NAXJA Forum User

I just sold a red 99 SS 1sz, m6 hardtop car. Only options were rear defroster and power driver seat. Manual windows mirrors. Car was a blast.
Old May 24th, 2017, 20:46
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4aride View Post
Yeah you'll definitely have to join on that road. Look it up. Hwy92 from blue Mesa to hotchkiss. Super fun drive. I'm going to try and get some video up there this weekend.
As far as Puebla just let me know, as I'll have to get the car to front range. Zarco is drag set up these days not sure if he'd be down for the track
I thought Pueblo was a drag strip....... That's why I mentioned it. I need to burn off what's left of my OEM rear tires so I can throw on the new Conti's...

End of Watch: Jeffco: MC1, 1312 & 0369. Yucca-Man 1215...... Rest easy brothers, we've got it from here. -----
Old May 24th, 2017, 20:47
NAXJA Forum User

Iirc Pueblo has both? Just not same place? Y'all would be a fun run. I'm slow.
Old May 24th, 2017, 21:08
NAXJA Member

I wouldn't call that SS slow by any means. Probably more fun to manage and even push to it's limits. That LS and Tremec combo is the shit.

This Hellcat is more about pulling on the reins as far as road course or playing on the twisties in the mountains. This bad cat will kill a guy if he's not very careful. Straight line is pretty manageable and stupid fun.

I think if I was to get serious about road course, I'd be regretting the HC. But then again, I could just leave the red key at home and maybe it'd be more manageable.....

I could see your SS being a monsterous hoot on a road course with sticky tires......

End of Watch: Jeffco: MC1, 1312 & 0369. Yucca-Man 1215...... Rest easy brothers, we've got it from here. -----
Old May 24th, 2017, 21:18
NAXJA Forum User

Oh I meant comparatively for straight line numbers. You two boosted guys are in a different world.
However, in regards to pushing it I agree 100%. I view it like riding a 600cc bike vs a liter. Sure. I can ride a liter bike pretty damn well. But it's waaaaayyyy more fun to manhandle the crap out of a 600. Same idea with this car. Be a good learning curve for me. And let me abuse the power that is there vs trying to manage excessive output.

She's on 274/40/17 all the way around and it's funny how damn planted it is in a corner. I was genuinely impressed. I'm 100% holding the car back from its potential. Big Cheshire Cat grin the whole drive though.
Old May 24th, 2017, 21:24
NAXJA Forum User

I'm down for a track day a pmi Pueblo. Straight line or twistes. Lemme know
Old June 27th, 2017, 22:05
NAXJA Member

A member at Hellcat.org is making these up using our VIN's to make graphics we can have printed to poster size and display with our cars or make wall hangings, etc. Pretty cool!

Along with our window stickers.........

Last edited by YELLAHEEP; June 27th, 2017 at 22:26.
Old June 28th, 2017, 13:06
NAXJA Forum User

Any plans on getting the widebody kit?

Old June 28th, 2017, 15:35
NAXJA Member

Unfortunately there is no "kit". This is a factory option for the Hellcat for 2017/18. Those flares are indeed a separate part, but the fenders and quarters are different with mounting flanges and wider openings. The flares aren't simple add ons. The chin spoiler/splitter is drastically different and wider as well.

If it were available when I got my HC I might have gone that route given the absolute NEED for more tire under these cars. The look initially wasn't my thing but it's grown on me. The fact that the Demon got the flares to me - is ridiculous. Dodge should have modified the car to get mini-tubbed in the back rather than flares. The front of a Demon with the drag skinnies mounted up looks stupid with the front flare and wide chin spoiler. The Demon will not make good use of the front flares as it got smaller brakes and sway bars than even the Scat Pack and SRT8 cars.... it's not intended for road course.

So the only way I could get flares would be to trade mine in on one. The flares certainly aren't worth the $20K depreciation...... lol.

Assembly line photo prior to flare installation on a wide body:

I imagine a company will come out with aftermarket flares that will be similar and look like these pre-production flares (with mounting screws visible):

The ones made by the famous "Liberty Walk" company are already available for BIG money but they're more function over form and look like absolute dog's ass in my opinion:

Last edited by YELLAHEEP; June 28th, 2017 at 15:38.
Old June 29th, 2017, 08:49
NAXJA Member

Stretch and poke, that is a Euro thing. Half of the Euro cars out there can't even pull it off. Looks ridiculous on a Challenger.
Old October 21st, 2017, 21:53
Official MWC Brewmeister

Was heading to work the other morning, just managed to get around the retread that took 3 miles to pass a semi, and was doing about 85 as was the rest of the now far ahead traffic, when I saw headlights rapidly approaching from the rear. As he passed in the far right lane I could see it was a Challenger, and when I almost caught up to him at the next traffic clump, I was able to make out the license plate - "Fastcat". Then he got through that clump and made 85 look like standing still.
Old October 21st, 2017, 23:46
NAXJA Member

Yep.......LOTS of fun!