• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new tow pig project

256offroad

NAXJA Forum User
dad and i have been working on the new tow pig. found it on craigslist. its a 92 2500 suburban 4x4. the PO used it for his construction company so it has seen better days... but for a tow rig that will be used to tow the xj and our ski boat it is perfect.(with alot of work)

its got the 4l80E tranny 14bolt ff rear with 4.10s and gov lock. its got the 350 tbi (whoopdee do!) with oil cooler and MAJOR hydroboost setup.

already got the ac blowing ice cold (even through the rear air). just stripped the interior and have been cleaning carpet and seats and all plastic trim peices. also already installed the brake controller and all the wiring for the trailor. got a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs for it. looking for a set of late modal 2500 wheels to put on it.

here is the buildup link my dad has started
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...orations/396104-92-k2500-suburban-refurb.html
got alot of work ahead of us. gotta get rid of those tail lights and put a new bumper on it. als
o could use a good coat of wax.

and the updated pics.
DSC04416.jpg

DSC04428.jpg

been cleaning the carpet
DSC04433.jpg

shot of all the project vehicles...
DSC04434.jpg

and in this hot alabama heat nothing better than working on your junk and taking a break in the pool!
DSC04435.jpg

haha thanks guys... the pool was a chilly 85degrees today.

i love the burban... i am a chevy man at heart. and it i am looking forward to the cold weather season as i can run the heat and sleep inside the beast! i wont be taking a tent fourwheeling anymore!

nice man....me like me like!!

blah blah blah ... pool ... blah blah blah

Show off!

Where is that pool located? Maybe we could relocate my axle swap/wrenchfest/POOL PARTY:party:.....I'm assuming you've got a well stocked garage, with all the projects you got going on:D

David, you should have never told us you had a pool.

David, you should have never told us you had a pool.
yes i have spent MANY hours around that pool doing work for my parents.... all that landscaping(that still isnt finished) was/is my summer project...

as for the well stocked garage.... dad and i are CONSTANTLY updating our tool/car collection...

Sounds like we just need to set a time and date.party1:

That is a nice looking tow rig.

If you come out one day and see a fat white kid skinny dipping in your pool -- well, that may or may not be me.

Back