• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need picture of Cruise control servo!

Diesel

NAXJA Forum User
I just got cruise control from e-bay and somehow lost the directions. Can someone with a 95-96 (has to have an air-bag just in case) take a picture of the cruise control servo in the engine compartment. I cannot for the life of me figure out where to mount that mutha! Thanks. If you could e-mail a picutre to me a [email protected] or just post the picture here I would be indebted to you.
Bryan

I cant post a picture, but I can point you in the right direction. It goes right behind the battery on the left side of the engine compartment. the hole in the mounting plate on the servo should line up with some hole on the fender wall. Look for a t-connector in a vacuum line in that area. Pull the cap off and hook that up to the hose coming off the servo. The electronic contecter should be tucked up under the fuse block. I think mine was zip tied. run the cable trough the guide on the valve cover and hook it up to the little ball fitting on the throttle. the cone part of the servo faces toward the back of the engine. Let me know if you need anything else.

Karlm

Thanks, I found it eventually after I looked at a TJ with cruise. They are opposite but I was able to recognize enough to find it on the XJ.

Back