NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old May 21st, 2011, 14:16
NAXJA Forum User

pro comp ATs?

i posted this in so cal because thats were i will use these tires. has anyone run the pro comp ATs? i found a guy selling some used (claims 95% tread left) for a decent price. 33/12.50-15 any info would be appreciated.
Old May 21st, 2011, 14:29
NAXJA Forum User

Re: pro comp ATs?

I had pro comps back in the day, the rubber seems to wear faster then others. But depending on how good a deal it is would be the make or break for me..
Old May 21st, 2011, 14:48
<----boat-manche

friend of mine runs them in 31s on his XJ....seem to do fine in dirt and rocks. not the best in mud, but what do you expect out of an AT lol
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:14
NAXJA Forum User

great, thanks for the quick replies. the deal is 4 tires with aluminum wheels, but they are chevy 6 lug, for $500. i have no need for the wheels, but im sure they are worth $100 on CL. didnt ask what brand wheels, but they look nice, and polished. he says the tires have 95% tread left, and the pics look like he is not lying. (but thats pics). so thanks for the info. i am glad i didnt get responses that compared them to ALL tires. like mentioned, they ARE all terrains. so basically want to know how tough they are, if they are noisy on the road, how well they wear. that sort of stuff. maybe compare them to the BFG ATs.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 22:07
NAXJA Forum User

Their sidewalls aren't anything to write home about. Wear should last 50K (they have a treadwear warranty for 50K) and should be quiet on the street. I've seen equal number of BFG and PCT AT's with cut sidewalls.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 22:29
NAXJA Forum User

they are junk. they wear all XXXXed up and the get a chop to them. it feels like death wobble. no where near bfg. i run the falken wild peak a/t. way beefier/quieter. they last alot longer. americas tire sell them really cheap too. i dont know why but the falken were the nicest a/ts they sell. they are even more aggressive than the bfgs. you will hate the procomps. everyone i know does.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 14:48
NAXJA Forum User

I ran a set for about a yr. They are OK. Get them rotated and balanced every 5K and you should be fine. Some where like Gold Mountain wouldn't be a place to trust that side wall. Just my .02
Old May 23rd, 2011, 16:50
NAXJA Forum User

I ran the xterrains and i loved them. i had them on a yota and they were pretty quiet and i drove 100 miles a day on them and seemed to wear ok...now i dont know if they compare well to the AT
Old May 23rd, 2011, 21:00
NAXJA Forum User

I have run BFG A/T's for several years and I love them. I have only had one with sidewall damage and it still held air. They are awesome in sand, really good in rocks and not too noisy on the street. The wear is good for a tire that works this well. I hear alot of people bashing them but I have been very happy with mine.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:33
NAXJA Forum User

we arent bashing bfgs we are bashing pro comps!
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:05
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bails85 View Post
we arent bashing bfgs we are bashing pro comps!
Yeah, I had pro comps when I first got my jeep and they were every bit equal to the BFG except that the sidewalls were definitely weak. They are a good tire for anybody that will not wheel in the rocks. They are particularly good in sand.
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:09
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjohn View Post
I have run BFG A/T's for several years and I love them. I have only had one with sidewall damage and it still held air. They are awesome in sand, really good in rocks and not too noisy on the street. The wear is good for a tire that works this well. I hear alot of people bashing them but I have been very happy with mine.
I agree 100%. I ran BFG at's for a long time on my last xj and they were great everywhere (I don't do mud though). Get them at costco and they have a great warranty too.