NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > North Atlantic Chapter > NAC Classifieds
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NAC Classifieds ONLY Local Sale Items here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20th, 2009, 21:08
NAXJA Forum User

rear tire carrier- carrier half

Yeah that sounds kind of weird, I know.
I started building a rear tire carrier bumper and never really finished it. I was making it at work and left that job for another one. Its a triangulated design similar to the Nates 4x4 bumper

Its got a hinge on it similar in design to this one.
http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm

The outer half is welded onto the end, so you'd have to design something where it would slide onto a pin and rest on some bearings. Its 2x2x3/16" steel so i'd say it weights upwards of 75lbs. The plate where the tire rests is diamond plate which is kind of gaudy, but you'd hardly see if. If there is any interest I will dig it out and take some pictures. Its got surface rust but I'm sure you'd prep and paint it. It is only the top half, you'd have to build or adapt it to an after market bumper. Not really sure on a price or if there will be any interest.