• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new fan clutch?!

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
are they hard to install and anyone have instructions?!

Hey, maybe we can help each other...

Can you or anyone else tell me if there's just a NUT attached to each STUD coming out of the FAN PULLEY?

OR, is there a LOCKWASHER beneath each NUT that's attached to each STUD coming out of the FAN PULLEY?

I need to know this since I re-installed my oem CLUTCH FAN (there was an Electric Fan in it's place so I can't recall exactly how the Clutch Fan was attached) and don't want it "flying off", could be disasterous!

Now for your Q... just loosen the nuts on the studs holding the Fan to the Pulley (jam a screwdriver between the nuts to keep the Fan from turning) and wiggle it out. Then unbolt the Fan from the Clutch and install the new one and the reverse for putting it back on. VOILA! Thx.

The fan bolts to the Fan Clutch w/ 4 bolts, there may or may not be lock washers on the bolts, lock nuts obviously go outside the fan flange. I used a little blue thread lock on the bolts.

The Water Pump has studs in the flange for the fan/pulley. I installed the studs with some blue thread lock.

You probably knew all that, thats for other noobs.

There is nothing between the flange of the water pump and the pulley, they go face to face.

Make sure the fan shroud is over the fan/clutch while installing, I don't think you can get it on without removing the radiator or fan.

Fit the flange of the fan clutch over the pulley face, now all three fit face to face, nothing in between.

Then the lock washers and nuts go on the studs.

Tighten the nuts as best you can, then install the fan belt and tighten it. The friction of the fan belt will hold it still, finish tightening the nuts, then do the final adjustments on fan bolt and tighten down the nuts on the PS Pump.

Back