• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon August 14-16

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Group of friends and I are going to be doing a Rubicon run August 14-16.

Thinking about going up Friday night, camping at Loon, wheeling into Buck Saturday, and heading back out to Loon on Sunday. People might be going all the way through, but some people will have tow rigs, so they will have to go back to Loon.

This is an informal event.

Anyone is welcome to join, but we wont be doing anything like a guided run.

Billy, this is a call out. You better be in semi wheeling condition and be up there with your Jeep. First couple of beers are on me:cheers:If I can make it, you can make it. Get your ass in gear!

Damn man. The 16th is OSHA's b-day!
sad.gif

That and we've got a room in Tahoe on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Hmmm...
Billy

Our local group is going that weekend. We're going in Thursday and plan to camp at Buck Island. There is also a Jeep Jamboree that weekend, I think they are going in on Fri. Look for us at Buck.

Damn man. The 16th is OSHA's b-day!
sad.gif

That and we've got a room in Tahoe on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Hmmm...
Billy
OSHA, I heard Billy tell me that if you let me go wheeling, he would buy you a huge diamond necklace....

A birthday on the 'con is just what women want. Or so I hear.
Our local group is going that weekend. We're going in Thursday and plan to camp at Buck Island. There is also a Jeep Jamboree that weekend, I think they are going in on Fri. Look for us at Buck.
How many people go on the Jeep Jamboree things? Will it be packed?

Friend was trying to convince me we should do Fordyce, but I dont want to do it because of the water. Guess we will have to scrounge for a camping spot.

Not sure on this jamboree but most the time they go to the Rubicon Springs and camp there, most the rest of the trail is open. But like I said I don't know if this one will be like the other one.

Yes, all the Jeep Jamboree folks will be at Rubicon Springs. The rest of the trail should be OK, many folks stay away on Jamboree weekends. We'll have a dozen or so in our group.

Our original plan was to run Fordyce, but the water this particular weekend is going to be very high due to a flow study.

Anyone else going up?

We have had a slight change of plans. We will be going up Saturday afternoon/night, camping at Loon, then wheeling into Bucks Sunday, and wheeling out on Monday. Work/Jeeps not running has unfortunately pushed us back a day.

Anyone else going up?

We have had a slight change of plans. We will be going up Saturday afternoon/night, camping at Loon, then wheeling into Bucks Sunday, and wheeling out on Monday. Work/Jeeps not running has unfortunately pushed us back a day.

Well, then we'll pass you on our way out. We're going back to Loon Lake on Sunday, so we'll run into you.

From there we're doing two nights at Barrett Lake, and then Fordyce.

You're not wheeling out to the Tahoe side on Monday, are you?
Billy
One or two might, but like Nick said, most of us have tow rigs:greensmok

Night wheeling is a maybe. Ive done a few modifications since I last wheeled, and I dont know how I feel about doing a break in run at night. That, and I would also have to wire up a couple more rock lights. :banghead:

Night wheeling is a maybe. Ive done a few modifications since I last wheeled, and I dont know how I feel about doing a break in run at night. That, and I would also have to wire up a couple more rock lights. :banghead:

front 44, boat sides and a cage......if you wire the rock lights now you wont have to do it at loon....

Back