• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A battle for land

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Much like what we as four wheelers go through regularly in an attempt to keep recreation areas open.

Veterans fight the same battles to keep memorials and health care facilities open.
It has become quite the trend to attempt to close down war memorials.
A WW1 memorial was erected by vets for there brothers in the middle of no where in the Mojave desert. This memorial was covered in plywood After California's 9th circuit court deemed in "unconstitutional" . the full story here www.donttearmedown.com
3311462847_0f078f3336_m.jpg

I received this email from Veterans united for truth this morning in reference to land that was supposed to be used for veteran health care.

SaveVetland-1.jpg

Thank you, You have my deepest gratitude.

Well I can't be there, but I signed the petition and sent a link to all my buddies.

Joined, and letting my friends know.

can't make the rally

Thanks guys, It saddens me that we can't definitively say "You are not forgotten" When our justice system deems it unconstitutional to remember.

It's an interesting case. As I understand it, the main controversy is over the memorial being a cross, not over it being a veterans' memorial. I'm all for separating church and state, etc. etc., but the cross long predates the federal ownership, and I would have thought it would constitute a cultural landmark by now, rather than an example of impermissible government religion. I think that's the case even if one feels personally that a cross was a poor choice of monument, or that it could have been executed better. The Taliban had compelling arguments too, when they vandalized the cultural heritage of Afghanistan.

When the case comes to the Supreme Court, I gather that it will be the current administration defending the landmark, adding another interesting dimension to the whole affiar. Let's see how they do.

Back