• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Techno

if I had a dollar for every time I've seen this linked... :p

(it is really neat, I admit)

If you want I can probably diagnose the issue with them or give you part numbers for the parts you'll need, my bet is that you can fix all four doors for $140 or less in parts... went through this when I bought my XJ because the passenger front door was inoperable and both rear doors were on the way out, now the driver door is getting close to inoperable too so it's due for an overhaul as well.

Kastein - Himmred problem is likely the well known inadequate wiring to the power locks and windows in Renix Jeeps. My red Jeep is the same way. (My 1996 XJ is completely different, those locks and windows work fine)

Himmred - You can beef up that wiring, search for it and you shall find.

Kastein - Himmred problem is likely the well known inadequate wiring to the power locks and windows in Renix Jeeps. My red Jeep is the same way. (My 1996 XJ is completely different, those locks and windows work fine)

Ahh, ok. Only problem I've ever seen on door locks is the way the lock mechanisms all rust out and get gummed up, thanks for the info. Gotta love inadequate wiring... seems no one knows what engineering overkill is anymore :(

My dads Renix is the same way with the power windows and locks. Im glad I actually read this thread now!:gee:

Of course the interior switches are busted off lol.

Back