• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Why thank you. I feel pretty good on my exam tomorrow. It is open book (you actually need the book to do problems, because there are so many charts and stuff), and I've got an incredibly organized book, it is ridiculous. I have color coded tabs that actually tell me what everything is, and important equations are highlighted, and their importance is dependent of color of highlight. It helps A TON on tests. I've had some friends tell me they were going to steal my book at the end of the year because it was well organized.

That is insane. I would probably forget what all the color coding meant. I'm very unorganized when it comes to my college work. I have one of those crappy like $1 notebooks from staples that I use for all 5 of my classes. Guess I'm just used to it though. I still manage to maintain an above average GPA (so far anyway). My problem is actually showing up to the classes. Which would explain why this is my 6th year of college.

just git back from work, no time to go to bed, gotta be back at work at 830 yay

i looked for about 3 seconds but i gave up. i'll just call tomorrow.

I just called and talked to Dan. Tell him your from Naxja, give him your username so he can see its red, and he'll give you the 10%. Most times it covers shipping. What are you getting Billy? I didnt even use anything I bought but Jay will.

Morning all. Hopefully gonna finish putting on my rear bumper today.

goooooood morning

my glass gets replaced today and a bunch of the recent college grads from Intel are going ice skating over lunch. Some of them are hot nerdy girls.

Today: not so bad!

Today has sucked for me so far. Woke up early to study for my related electricity exam, drove to Manchester only to find out that the exam is tomorrow. Now I'm sitting home waiting to drive back to Manchester to hand in a paper and leave. I love wasting all that gas and 2 hours of driving!

ouch, that sucks. Think of it this way, at least the test wasn't yesterday.

i have my electrical engineering exam in an hour and a half, and it should be relatively easy. it's multiple choice, but one of those multiple choice finals that have like 20 or more options for each question

You engineers and all your silly exams

ouch, that sucks. Think of it this way, at least the test wasn't yesterday.
x2

I had one time in college when I got real sick during finals week. The school nurse gave me some shot that knocked me out for literally 24 hours. VERY disorienting. Missed one exam (though I called the prof before getting the shot since the nurse told me I "probably wouldn't be able to make it to the exam" if I took the shot. Lol. Waking up and asking my roommate if I missed the exam and hearing "it was yesterday" was kindof a kick to the face.

On a brighter note, I felt great :laugh: I got the shot at about 10 AM (after waking up at 8:30AM). So in the course of 48 hours, I spent about 36 of those sleeping. It was amazing.

i have my electrical engineering exam in an hour and a half, and it should be relatively easy. it's multiple choice, but one of those multiple choice finals that have like 20 or more options for each question

I wish my EE exam was easy. One of my sr year EE exams took me 4-5 hours to finish... and I finished pretty quick. My roommate was in there for 6+ hours IIRC. Most exams were limited to 2 hours, but that professor just ignored the rules and gave us as much time as we wanted. Thank god.

I've done that but without a shot. I don't know why noone woke me up. I regularly sleep 12+ hours and the only thing that usually wakes me up is hours of an alarm going off. I set my alarm 1-2 hours before I need to actually wake up.

I mostly kicked the crap out of tests, none of mine were ever longer than 2 hours. I don't think I ever spent more than 30 minutes on a digital/microprocessor course final, except that one time I was taking one after a double allnighter and realized halfway through drawing a table of cache requests and MESI states that I had ended up with a table that had 20 rows on one side and 18 on the other. That was kinda confusing to straighten back out.

Now, remembering to do homework... yeahhhhhhhhh not so much.

Wow you sure are nerdy. How did you nerds figure out what you wanted to major in? Honestly the sound of Colin and Ken's jobs make me want to smash my brain with a hammer. I'm not really sure what Anthony does for a living but I have a feeling I would find that boring too. I really want to get my shit together and transfer to a decent college and get a degree in something worthwhile but I wonder how many years I'll spend with my thumb up my ass trying to figure out what that will be.

You can't spell geek without EE :spin1:

I have no idea how I figured it out. When I was 2 I wanted to be a mason, then that changed to a plumber a few years later, then an electrician, and I've been an electronics hobbyist since I was 7 or 8... just kinda went from there.

I think Ken just throws letters in any random order when he talks about his job. I never have any idea what he's talking about. But it probably doesn't help that I'm almost computer illiterate.
When it comes to electricity I just run wires and hope it don't hurt too bad.

I mostly kicked the crap out of tests, none of mine were ever longer than 2 hours. I don't think I ever spent more than 30 minutes on a digital/microprocessor course final
See, I was the same way... except this one exam absolutely kicked everyones asses. The first person who left was out after 3 hours. When 2 hours passed and no one had left yet is when I realized the exam sucked. And my CPE exams were usually all simple, 20-30 min deals, except my C++ course, as I described before I didn't really learn anything so doing the final project was a bit of a bitch.

You can't spell geek without EE :spin1:
:thumbup::D

I enjoy my scantron exams. Usually done within half hour and the best part is no math or formulas or any of that crap.

I just called and talked to Dan. Tell him your from Naxja, give him your username so he can see its red, and he'll give you the 10%. Most times it covers shipping. What are you getting Billy? I didnt even use anything I bought but Jay will.

frame mounts for suspension

I need some diagnostics:
My clutch, according to the previous owner, was done in the summer and has <5000 miles on it. My tranny has bit into 2nd gear for the past few weeks, but i've been able to avoid it mostly. In the past weeks I've found the clutch engages extremely low. to the point that when i'm sitting in traffic and i notice my foot comes off the floor a half inch from sitting there, i can feel it start to engage.

I can't figure how much to chalk up to extremely cold starts but.....

In the past 4-5 days it's been grinding into reverse until it warms a bit and i do the 1st-R trick. grinding as if the clutch isn't down even when it is.
it's also nearly impossible to shift into other gears sometimes.
The clutch catches insanely low, like a half inch off the floor.

My question is, assuming the clutch is in fact fine, what could this be attributed to? could i have a bad master/slave? tranny? am i just being overly sensitive about the cold issues? could i just have a shitty clutch?

oem tech, not too many 5 speeds in this thread

Back