• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

you guys saved my arse 4 times so far.

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info Ive obtained here, particulary regarding the 0331 head syndrome. Ive looked at 5 jeeps so far, all 99 to 01, 3 TJ,s and 2 XJ,s all with the 0331 heads and about 95 to 105K on em. I passed on em all to avoid the hassles.
Thanks

Thank us by joining the club! We always need member $$$ to keep this site up and humming.

CRASH said:
Thank us by joining the club! We always need member $$$ to keep this site up and humming.

x2

Also I've had 3 XJ's with the 0331 casting and not one crack yet. I keep buying them too.

Knock on wood.

CRASH said:

x2 on that, glad i did, it gives me something to do at school, o yeah and all the tech i ever wanted and who knows you might just become a post whore like me :D

Fergie said:
What is the dea lwit hthe 0331 casting??

XJs only, or TJs and WJs too?

Where to look for said casting?

Fergie

I think there was a problem with certain batches, not all 0331 heads. I would assume that it goes for all 0331 heads, not sure though.

The casting #'s are on the injector side of the head, between the # 3 and 4 cylinders. You may have to pull back the heat shield that's there. Ironically, that's the same place that they crack. (inside though) You'll know if it's leaking or not when you look in the oil fill cap. It's plain as day. A coolant stream almost.

Even after showing sellers the statistics and trying to weasel down a couple dealers they wouldent budge, I`ll keep lookin for my perfect ride.
BTW, ya want cash or check

rock rash said:
yep...i need money. im a poor college stoodint
good to see all those classes are benefiting your English speaking capability..

anyone ever make a post and totally lose track of what they were typing? :dunno:

IcedXJ said:
good to see all those classes are benefiting your English speaking capability..

anyone ever make a post and totally lose track of what they were typing? :dunno:

No never, I've never eve......remember that thing about the guy? You know that thing?....about the guy?
Wait, what are we talking about?

;)

Back