• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yay.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I have training all this week in Golden...... I hate Golden in the spring......:mad:

This is an hour after the storm, what I saw falling was twice this size.

11515_zpsl16cbkys.jpeg

11501_zpsfqffui8i.jpeg

11518_zpszvlwmzhk.jpeg

11505_zpsdxg8huji.jpeg

11511_zpsznltragy.jpeg

Last edited:
My boss was towing a BMW on 76W when that storm came through. Smashed up the windshield, huge dents in the hood and roof. Even the tow truck windshield got broken.

Damn, I got lucky! I was standing in the garage doorway, watching this stuff blow in sideways. Biggest hailstones I saw were marble size.

On the down-side, Allstate lost a loyal customer, and we don't have a parting gift for them...

Waiting for insurance to determine if the storm will be determined to be a Catastrophe. If yes, I gotta wait for them to set up a claims center .

No debts in my Super Duty, but my g/f's Hyundai got dented up pretty good. Must be something about the quality of sheet metal between the two.

Wife's car got the windshield spidered good, the rear glass smashed, punched a hole in the cowl, and some of the dents were big enough to flake paint off. Even had a big one punch a hole in the cowl of the XJ along with the big dents in the hood.

Some of the hail I saw was the size of a small orange and solid ice, not that compressed snow stuff.

Already filed claims online for the wife's car and the house. Given how many smashed out back windows I saw driving around tonight (not to mention windshields), the glass companies are going to be busy for weeks. I saw a report that the Audi dealer in Lakewood had damage to every car in the lot.

You guys definitely got it worse than us. Sorry to hear that.

We were both coming up I-25 from Denver, well her from Littleton and me from Buckley. She wasn't far behind me on I-25 but got stuck behind a group of cars that completely blocked the interstate to park under an overpass. Great for them, except she had nowhere to go but sit in middle of the road as her car got pummeled and I got away without a dent.

Damn... that sucks. I heard there was some gnarly stuff coming down.

Ouch! We had one like that here last year. People's houses are still not done getting work. Nice neighborhoods looked like the ghetto with all the smashed and boarded windows.

That was a nice looking truck too.

Waiting for insurance to determine if the storm will be determined to be a Catastrophe. If yes, I gotta wait for them to set up a claims center .

I know State Farm already called in the Cat team... sucks bro. Both my cars look like that. I say it makes them get better fuel mileage. Like a golf ball through the air!:peace:

Right. I was actually hoping for some hail damage as I was driving through it. The hood and roof of my truck could use a fresh paint job, but instead the g/f's 1 year old car gets hammered. WTH??

Can they fix serious hail damage any other way than giving you cash value of your car? In the past folks I've known have had their cars totaled and got a check.

Can they fix serious hail damage any other way than giving you cash value of your car? In the past folks I've known have had their cars totaled and got a check.

Depends on how serious. My wife's car took a beating in the big hailstorm of 2009 with something like 300 nickel-sized dents, but no windows broken. They fixed the whole thing since the repair cost was less than the value of the car (only by a little), but it was in the shop for almost 2 weeks.

The damn weather in this state is getting to be bullshit. Seems every summer gets worse and worse with hail storms.

Sorry about your truck, Troy! Almost doesn't even pay to drive anything nice anymore.

its a return to normalcy... I was thinking last year, that almost all of my cars from the time I started driving (1986) through about 2010 avoided hail damage. Everything I've owned since is a dimple fest. BUT, when I was a kid, I remember the folks cars constantly being repaired from momma nature's wrath.

When my Ranger was totaled, one of the body shop estimators said "when the cost of repair goes over 75% of retail value, it will likely be a total."

...... Almost doesn't even pay to drive anything nice anymore.

Yeah I dunno. It's good to have nice vehicles and the g.a.p. insurance to cover incidents like this but I've often thought about ditching the new truck for an older one to avoid the loan payment.

But I couldn't drive a hail damaged vehicle. I like cars and trucks too much to drive one beat to hell.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure they'll fix mine. I'm just not looking forward to the B.S. back and forth to get it fixed right because it never happens the first time - always gotta go back for this issue or that....

Hoping to take it to the Abra where Seth (proracedriver) works and maybe avoid all that. We've had good luck with Abra for the most part.

Back