• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xxxx im leaving for con in 12 hours and..

89RockHeep

NAXJA Forum User
my junk is stumbling at random, as if the distributor is being dunked in the water, like a flat miss, at random, and if i floor it, its gotten better through out the day, i may have gotten the radiator wet when i did my cooling flush this morning, but i pulled cap wiped em oth clean then lightly brushed with a copper brush, and let sit and dry out, wtf gives.its driveable but i dont wanna deal with this shit on the con, any pointers in the right direction 89 4.0

Well, how sloppy were you with coolant/water during the flush? Moisture in the distributor cap--which it sounds like you took care of--is usually a biggee. Did you manage to hose down the TPS? Poor spark plug wires will send spark to ground quite handily. When you had the cap off, did you inspect it under a bright spotlight for carbon tracks--once they appear the spark will tend to run down them to ground.

Back