• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Facebook Groups... Gah!

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
This is a question for anyone that is a part of XJ Facebook groups. Does anyone else feel like there is a lot of misinformation being given on those sites?

A lot is an understatement! :doh:

I'm still waiting for my frame rails to fold since I notched em for coil mounts

yeah, if you join a facebook XJ group, and actually understand basic physics, you're gonna have a bad time. I'm surprised one of those idiots hasn't tried to swap KJ IFS into an XJ just to make it "newer and better" because we all know those two words are synonymous.

I try to help people out on there, but there is always some 18 year old kid who was given a trophy for last place all his life that will disagree with you to the grave.

Here are some actual things I have heard there... And just the ones off the top of my head right now...

Radius arms are king and you need 14" travel shocks(minimum) for maximum flex. If your coil springs don't fall out, you are doing it wrong. No limit straps or bumpstops, because why would you limit your flex?

Anywhere a 1 ton tube buggy on 40's can go an xj on 32's and a limited slip rear can go. Because you know, driver skill.

If your check engine light is on. Just remove your 02 sensors. It will run better without them.

Straight pipes and gutted cats make a 4.0 sound like a V8 and make it faster.

If you run lucas oil stabilizer you will get 20% more horsepower and 20% better fuel economy.

Bent control arms ride better than straight control arms.

Instead of buying extended brake hoses you can just loop a hard brake hose around a few times and will stretch as your suspension cycles.

It is perfectly acceptable to bolt a chevy tow hook where the swaybar body bushings used to go.

Instead of buying extended brake hoses you can just loop a hard brake hose around a few times and will stretch as your suspension cycles.

that's exactly the kind of advice that made me leave that xj/mj proud group 1 day after joining. it's actually scary what some people are doing and driving around on the road. I can't handle the stress of reading posts like that :doh:

I think this would be a great place to post the outlandish ideas these people have. I'm still in these groups so if I see anything worthwhile I will be sure to mention it here.

Heres a good one...

Trying to explain to him why some bent flat stock bolted to the face of a stock bumper is a dangerous recovery point and he keeps insisting it is perfectly acceptable.

947293_535645869864583_222059136_n.jpg

Wow. :D

well I mean, really, how stuck can you get with bald 235 wranglers? I'm sure he doesn't pull hard on them anyway otherwise he'll hafta take 'em apart and repaint 'em

Back