• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTBorrow- Engine Hoist

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone in the Denver area have an engine hoist they are willing to loan me for a weekend?

Need to pull an engine out of a project car, and I dont have the space to store an engine hoist if I bought one. I was hoping I could borrow one rather than buy an attempt to sell.

Hoping one of you guys have one collecting dust in the corner of your garage youd be willing to loan me for a day or two?

Couple bucks or some beer in trade? Im thinking this weekend, 3/8-3/9 or 3/15-3/16.

Ill come pick it up.

edit: I put this in the WTB/WTT area, no idea if thats correct or not.

Did you look at the tool/equipment rental places? They have them and generally are easier ones to get around with. Mine doesn't break down easily for transport and is just so damn heavy to get in/out of a truck.

If you get in a pinch, lemme know, you can use mine if it's just for the weekend as I have no plans for mine.

you're welcome to borrow mine, but I'm in north CS...

I have one, in Golden. Watcha got for collateral?

I'll be back in town the 14th and have one in Loveland you can use.

Did you look at the tool/equipment rental places? They have them and generally are easier ones to get around with. Mine doesn't break down easily for transport and is just so damn heavy to get in/out of a truck.

If you get in a pinch, lemme know, you can use mine if it's just for the weekend as I have no plans for mine.
I have not looked at that option, but from experiences in the past it was cheaper to buy the tool than a rental for a couple days.

Google, here I come!
I have one, in Golden. Watcha got for collateral?
Ummm, beer?

If you are willing to lend it to me, let me know what you were thinking. I was hoping my word was good enough, but I dont have much standing in the CO chapter. :(

Don't mind Hypoid.......... by collateral he's hoping it'll be worth more than the hoist...... you won't get it back. :laugh:

This thread reminds me of one of my (more memorable) dates. I had talked to her during the day and asked her to meet me. A few hours later, I forgot all about her... Until she walked up to me.
Her: Hi!
Me: Hi!
Her: Ready?
Me (slowly remembering her from the day): Sure! Ummm, what's your name again?

I have one that folds up. I don't know when I'll use it again. Just give me cause for trust. Think of this as one more opportunity to make a good impression.

Per Merriam Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collateral
Collateral, noun:
2: property (as securities) pledged by a borrower to protect the interests of the lender

YELLAHEEP said:
Don't mind Hypoid.......... by collateral he's hoping it'll be worth more than the hoist...... you won't get it back.
A DSLR with a zoom lens would be nice, although $100 bills are always acceptable. :D

Back