• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: XJ with ax-15 in the $1000 range-- non-running okay

cyberbackpacker

NAXJA Forum User
Well, finances and a healthy offer for my old rig predicated the sell of it about 4-5 months back.

Short story, I need back in the game :) My son misses it, I miss it, and even if she doesn't say it, I am sure the wife does too. Plus my little girl (6 months) never got to ride in the old one.

So... ideally looking for a mechanically challenged XJ with an ax-15. Thought some of you might have a parts rig that fits that description you wouldn't mind getting rid of.

This will be for a DD, camping, hiking, mountain car that sees fire roads, etc.

Thanks for any leads.

keep your eyes on craigslist! they are all over the place, cheap ones too. search for "cherokee -grand" in the auto section you'll find a bunch of em :D

I may know of just the rig, although it is a 2-door which may not be best for the kids, 4wd, manual, 4.0HO, I believe it is a 92, runs good, he also has a 1991 bronco that he wanted to sell me both for $2k, maybe we can work something out with him, I don't really need the bronco but I'm sure I could find something to do with it.
Let me know if this interests you and I can find out some more info, it is even in Ventura so not too far from you.
Chris

I have a 89 4 door thats missing some parts... like oh... axels... bumper...
has an rebuilt motor and new clutch, $1000
I can get ya my stock axels from my 98 xj for cheap, see my sig for info on them.

selarep said:
I can get ya my stock axels from my 98 xj for cheap, see my sig for info on them.
wow thats steep as hell.

Be patient theres tons of XJ's for less than 1000 that run drive and look decent if you are diligent and patient

selarep said:

if you get mine, I'll install the axels/

is has some pretty nice rock rails already buily into it.
89 4-door
5-spd rebuit with new clutch
hpD30 from a 98
8.25 29spl from a 98
^both with 3.07's

thats actually a pretty good deal thinking about it now...

johnjeep, thanks but want one with the ax15 and don't/cannot pay 1 1/2 times my range I posted (i.e. $1000 is cutting it close on the budget at the moment).

selarep, now you have me intrigued. You have pm.

Back