• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: stock dana35c carrier

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
I tried to help a buddy install new spider gears in his dana35c this weekend.....and it turns out that the carrier is trashed. So, he needs a new one. Let me know if you have one....or know someone that might be ditching their whole rear end. It's out of a TJ.

I have a d35 carrier w/ spider gears I would sell. what rato are you going to be running on it? It is from a 3.55 gear set w/ c-clips. what is your zip for shipping. do you have paypal?

I think I found a local one, but if it doesn't work out, I will let you know.

I believe it is a 3.07 ratio.....but it doesn't really matter. I would swap the ring gear over anyway.

I do have paypal. 61350.

it does matter, there's a carrier break in the D35.
I'm pretty sure it's at 3.55

I've got a 3.73 carrier here, but I'm pretty sure it won't work for you.

You're also going to have to reset the backlash

and it matters if it has c clips or not.

IIRC, the break over is indeed 3.55 for the D35 and 3.73 on the D30's. If you have 3.07's then I dont think my 3.55's will help ya. I do have a matching set of 3.55's w/ carriers for a D30/35 set up that I would make you a great deal on! :looney:

You guys are right on the carrier break. I need to find what ratio this guy has. I assumed that he has 3.07s because of the inline 6 and manual tranny.....I know that applies to XJs.....not sure about TJs. So, I will verify that and see if I need to get a different carrier.

Correcting the backlash isn't a big deal.

TJ are different, I "think" my neighbors TJ has 3.73's, he's got a 98 with a 4.0 and 5 spd.

anyway, I'm not entirely sure on that one, but it should be marked on the ring gear.

If you need one, I have a 3.07 carrier, still in the axle you can have if you come take it out. 30 miles south of Rockford.

Back