• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Ford 8.8" disc brake parts

GoSlowGetStuck

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
At minimum, I'm looking for the backing plates that I can adapt to put on my rear Dana 44, hardware would be great too. I'd gladly pay $20 per side for these at the pick n pull but I don't think I'll have time to get down there soon.

I can buy calipers/rotors/pads separate, otherwise if someone has the whole deal let me know. I will order spacers from Teraflex unless someone has a set they don't want.

Thanks!

Don't worry about spacers in back IMHO, BOB and I both run 8.8s with no spacers in back... (Actually I had em and the studs tripped out so I removed them...)

FWIW, I don't run spacers with mine either. The 1" spacers I had bought required me to chop of my stock studs and I was in a bind before WF and didn't do it, just pulled them off. It actually worked out really well.

Edit: But that's for running an 8.8... You're running a D44, so you probably know more about what you want to do than I do.

Yea not wheel spacers, they are machined spacers that go on the axle shaft to maintain correct preload on the bearing, because the disc brake backing plates are thicker than the drum brake ones.

http://www.teraflex.biz/brake-plate-spacer-for-dbk-j-disc-brake-kits.html

Anyway, probably won't have time to tackle this before Redbird anyway. But maybe someone has a set of backing plates they got for a conversion and never used. Been there before!

Back