• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Drive Shaft

Skipper51

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need a rear drive shaft to fit the SYE that I just installed.

Looking for a DS 32.75" long from a 96 XJ part# 52098501 or one from a 93 -- 95 ZJ Part# 53008427 :helpme:

Anyone have something that will work????

For clarification, I think you mean you need a stock front driveshaft that will work with your SYE as a rear driveshaft.

Thank you Eric. Yes this is true. :conceited

I need a ZJ stock front drive shaft that I will use on the rear of my XJ because the old stock rear drive shaft, that was on my XJ will not work now because I installed a SYE.

What I need is a front drive shaft from a ZJ either a 96 ZJ part# 52098501 or one from a 93 -- 95 ZJ Part# 53008427.

I went to the Rancho Cordova and the Stockton RD Pick N Pulls with no luck. Found some 96 ZJ but the front drive shafts were already gone. I even found a 96 ZJ part# 52098501 but it had a what looked like a gear in a metal housing for the attachment to the front differential. :wierd:

I will be going to the Rocklin and Antelope Pick N Pulls this weekend to see what they have, so wish me luck.

The ZJ93 - 95 front drive shafts only have a single-cardan joint at both ends.

Question: Does this matter? or do I need a double-cardan joint at the TC?

The distance from the TC to the differential is 34.25". Are there other options that would work?

The next one longer is 33" and the next one shorter is 31.25". Will any of these work?

you want a double cardan joint style shaft. especially if your rear pinion is pointed up and you didnt shim it back down, , then you really need it since you will still have vibes with the a single U joint setup If you don't dial in your angles and still have the pinion pointed way up. Like I was saying before, if you dial in your angles, you'll be fine no matter what you do sye or not, single or double.
But since you are running a SYE now, might as well do a rear CV shaft. Honestly it can be shorter, I ran a stock XJ front shaft (aw4 front shaft, longer ) on my rear setup. about 4.5 to 5.5" lift. I say grab a stock front shaft and see what happens.

Thanks guys. I guess this cuts my options down to the 96 ZJ part# 52098501. If this weekend I don't find one, I will just stick in a front XJ drive shaft in the rear and maybe pick up an extra for back up and call it good for now.

Just to put a period on the end of this thread I went to PnP and got two stock front XJ DS and installed them both as the one from my front end was damaged and did not work on my rear without giving off some vibrations. Now my old front DS is my trail spare.

That is awesome. Glad it worked out skipper

Nevermind... glad it worked out!

Back