• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB big bearing 9" third member

the commando is gonna be very cool with that motor!

i like the work you are putting into the XJ!

Yeah thanks, it has a loooooong way to go. The work on the XJ has slowed down a whole lot, since I bough the Commando. You know not enough money and to many toys.

yes i know how that goes. the toys are expensive nad having more than 1 makes it even harder. i really want to go wheeling with you in oregon soon. ill try to plan something out for like september possibly. i think every other month is full of wheeling trips already.

I bet if you talked to most people that have moved into crazy-land with their XJ's, most regret not sticking to 35's and reasonable drivetrain components. 35's will easily do everything in the sierra's and most of the classic trails in Johnson Valley, Utah, and Arizona. I have run and enjoyed all of these destinations on ARB locked 44 front and 8.8 rear, 4.0, NV4500 and Atlas. All on 35" Goodyear MTR's.

If I were you, I'd save the axle money and buy yourself an Atlas. It's fabulous.

Yah that's what I'm starting.to think for now keep it reasonable. I've.been running 35s on.a 30 and.44 for.2 years or more.before I went to the hi9, I got from a. Part out rig. I think ill be.fine for now, I mean , I've.been.fine on it.for 6. Years of more.. It's like.I have A.D.D. or somethin.g always wanting to build more and more.

I agree with the atlas. I plan to buy one next spring.

The cure for your a.d.d. Is to finish your xj, run it, and keep it. Then build a buggy as a second rig to occupy your mind.

That's what we do as offroaders bigger better, that's what we do. I think it's just personal preference. On my Commando build I won't go over 37's its the breaking point on tire cost. I also won't go over 1/2 axles I doubt I will break that combo on sand, plus it will keep it on the lighter side. Maybe do an Atlad now and see how your axles hold up after that mod. I have a feeling you will be breaking axles with an Atlas, you will need to strengthen you body up to depending on how much of your floor you cut out.

ya the good news is , is that im always wheeling my rig. it doesnt sit for years and not get wheeled. technically its always finished in the sense that its usually ready to wheel, its just the damn drive to want bigger and better harder lines and more fun...

I bet if you talked to most people that have moved into crazy-land with their XJ's, most regret not sticking to 35's and reasonable drivetrain components. 35's will easily do everything in the sierra's and most of the classic trails in Johnson Valley, Utah, and Arizona. I have run and enjoyed all of these destinations on ARB locked 44 front and 8.8 rear, 4.0, NV4500 and Atlas. All on 35" Goodyear MTR's.

If I were you, I'd save the axle money and buy yourself an Atlas. It's fabulous.

This should be a sticky.........sooo true!!!!! Although I went with 37's (only because my wife got them for me for my birthday:D) I have been more than happy with my set up, and it has held up beautifully on and off the trails.

oh i agree too.
although i figure if I'm going to commit to building a super built front HP44 and an atlas i might as well go for a 60 at that budget.

although ill be running the 8.8 for a while and be selling the hi9 since its not as strong as the lp...

Back