• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 2+ feet of 3x??x0.187 rect tube, trade?

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need 2 or more feet of 3 inch wide, 3/16" wall tube. 3, 4, 5, 6 inches tall, doesn't matter to me, I'm making shackle boxes out of it. I have nearly 6 feet of 3x3x0.250 I'd be willing to trade, how much of it I'll give you depends on how much / what size the tube you have is (can also put money or beer in the trade going either way if it balances things out.)

Don't care what alloy it is... hot rolled, cold rolled, doesn't matter, I figure 3/16" is way better than the stock 10ga tin can crap anyways.

I need this by tonight, so it's a bit of a long shot, if I don't find someone in mass who wants to trade or sell I'll just weld my shackle boxes up from 0.25" plate and hope for the best.

try fastenal. when i went to my local one (allston) they had box tube, lengths of maybe 6 feet. i think it was up to 3/16 thickness too.

That's where I got the 3x3x0.25 I have now - went at 7:30AM yesterday. I'm stuck in my cube till 4 or 5 today and have to get my jeep finished and out of the driveway by 10pm tonight :(

Wish I'd measured my shackles more carefully before buying the 3x3x0.25... would not be in this bind now.

Kyle - thanks, I'm gonna have to check that out.

yeah probably not :roflmao:

I have to have the vehicle capable of driving, and the driveway clear of assorted rusted sheetmetal and the 20lbs of rust chunks I've released over the last few days... by 10pm. I have to start the frame rail and shackle box replacement significantly before then :shocked:

Probably going to try and sneak out of work early, hit the fastenal, hopefully they have the right stuff.

absolutely has to be done by 10pm? if it can be an all night deal I get outta work at 9ish and can help ya out if u need a hand (and I owe ya $10 :p )

XJ... good god that was way too much of a project.

Frame rail is patched, currently building the new shock absorber and gas tank support crossmember, installed the new exhaust, after this is all done I get to paint it and/or weld in the floors... then put the gas tank back in.

If I had to do it again I would light it on fire, claim it was vandalism, collect the insurance money and build a new jeep instead :smsoap:

If I had to do it again I would light it on fire, claim it was vandalism, collect the insurance money and build a new jeep instead :smsoap:
Tell you what, after the investigation; Call me, I'll find you one around here and drive it up for beer and a Sox game.:gee:

Tell you what, after the investigation; Call me, I'll find you one around here and drive it up for beer and a Sox game.:gee:
I like the sound of that... you don't seem to have rust in those parts.

Off to home depot for more supplies... landlord is losing patience with this circus, as am I. Can't wait till I don't live here anymore.

Back