• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler JK Forums/Tech

Crabapple

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently deployed to Iraq and purchased(ordered/paying for) a 2010 JK Sahara. I know there are a few of you JK owners on here and was wondering what reference or forums you guys used similar to what we have here on NAXJA.

On another note anything you guys would like to tell me about your JK? Any issues you have? Anything you'd recommend me picking up or modifying with my JK?

First things first. Thank you for your service. I know it sucks being over there but you're making a difference no matter what the pinkos say.

JK-Forum.com is probably the largest JK oriented forum but there are many good folks who have been banned for petty infractions. Lots of good info and most of the people on there are super nice. JKowners.com is Pirate 4x4's JK board. Lots of good info too and no restrictions on what you can talk about. It's not as big as JK-Forum but it's a good forum with a touch of Pirate 4x4 attitude thrown in. There are several others out there but these are the 2 main ones I use.

A suggestion I have is to not get the Sahara. If you plan on modding the heck out of it, regearing the diffs, big tires, installing aftermarket lockers, etc, I'd get an X model with just the accessories you want. If you're going to leave the drive train mostly stock I'd get a Rubicon. Decent tires, 4 to 1 t-case, 4.10/1 axle ratio, lockers, sway bar disco, and a couple of coolio hood stickers. Plus you don't have those fugly painted fender flairs! The black ones are cheaper to replace when you rip them off on a rock!

Good luck and hope you get home soon.

Hah, I ment just modifications to make the vehicle more sound/useful. Such as mirror relocation brackets, just simple things like that. I have 2 XJs for wheeling the hell out of, espicially my 2 Door. I'll deffinetly look up those 2 sites though. What kind of JK so you have? Specs? Have any problems with it?

I've got an '08 4 door Rubicon. Hopefully they've fixed all of the common problems by now. I've had issues with the hard top leaking, door latch clunking (fixed under warranty), Pass side front axle seal leaking x2 (fixed under warranty), bent pass axle shaft (warranty). Just the usual stuff!

Im trying to decide if I should go TJ or JK. The problem Ive had is finding a ~05 TJ in good shape that they dont want 16K for! I got a quote today for an JK X with the 32" tire package for right around 20K.

Decisions Decisions.

Back