• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

I still may come Saturday only, I don't know at this point (why I don't want to pre register). Food and the tshirt don't bother me about possibly not getting (tshirt, I have a whole dresser full of probably close to 50 t shirts that I can't wear only two days a week now). I do support this club and plan on doing so for a very long time.

BTw, it does snow in March. This was taken in 78 on March 6th.

\
marchsix782_zps20988a89.jpg

Last edited:
Understand that if you do not register you will not be invited in any of the club "pick-up runs".

There, it has been said. You either support this club or don't. I like you, I think you are a good guy, and I know money is tight.

BUT

YOU have gotten more then $35 of help in the past.....far more.

I have never faulted anyone for not joining this club, but if you cannot find $30 to come and wheel with us, on WinterFest weekend, you have the wrong hobby.

Sorry but this is a sore point for me, people that come to WF and do not pay the fee, then expect to just blend in and join us. We cannot keep people out of a public park, but we can check for tech stickers and ask you not to run with our group, and we can refuse to help should you become stuck on the trail.

Want to wheel the Badlands, great.

Want to wheel on WF weekend, great.

But do not expect a warm welcome if you try to blend in with the group during WF if you have not paid the fee that everyone else has, it is not fair to the people that have. people that have spent FAR more then $30 to be there with us. There are people in this club that will skip meal to make this run, they will pay the fees, they will buy raffle tickets, they will open their hearts to us all, and give beyond what is expected. The leaders will lead trails, organize recoveries, repair breakage, all with out asking for anything in return.

It is a slap in the face to show up at this event and plan to be part of it and its festivities without helping the club that has spent many many hours to plan it.

Want to not pay the fee and show up for just the fire? Fine, make sure to donate to the fire fund, we understand if you cannot.

But here it is, in black and white:

DO NOT SHOW UP TO WF AND PLAN TO WHEEL WITH US WITHOUT SUPPORTING THE CLUB THAT HAS PLANNED THIS EVENT.

Rev

I fully support this statement .

TH, glad to see you renewed your membership.

Understand that if you do not register you will not be invited in any of the club "pick-up runs".

There, it has been said. You either support this club or don't. I like you, I think you are a good guy, and I know money is tight.

BUT

I have never faulted anyone for not joining this club, but if you cannot find $30 to come and wheel with us, on WinterFest weekend, you have the wrong hobby.

Sorry but this is a sore point for me, people that come to WF and do not pay the fee, then expect to just blend in and join us. We cannot keep people out of a public park, but we can check for tech stickers and ask you not to run with our group, and we can refuse to help should you become stuck on the trail.

But do not expect a warm welcome if you try to blend in with the group during WF if you have not paid the fee that everyone else has, it is not fair to the people that have. people that have spent FAR more then $30 to be there with us. There are people in this club that will skip meal to make this run, they will pay the fees, they will buy raffle tickets, they will open their hearts to us all, and give beyond what is expected. The leaders will lead trails, organize recoveries, repair breakage, all with out asking for anything in return.

It is a slap in the face to show up at this event and plan to be part of it and its festivities without helping the club that has spent many many hours to plan it.

Want to not pay the fee and show up for just the fire? Fine, make sure to donate to the fire fund, we understand if you cannot.

DO NOT SHOW UP TO WF AND PLAN TO WHEEL WITH US WITHOUT SUPPORTING THE CLUB THAT HAS PLANNED THIS EVENT.

Rev

I live 2 hours away and WF costs me $200-300+. Then you have guys like Austin who drive 10 hours and guys like Josh that drive 16! All it takes is a little planning. Back in 09, I came out and like you said, skipped meals to make it. From that I've made so many great friends. Its not about the money, ITS ABOUT WHEELING WITH THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELPED TURN MY LIFE AROUND. Before Jeeps I was a lazy slacker who never applied himself because I was down on myself all the time because of my MD. NAXJA turned me into a better person, that's no shit!

I would hope no one here would leave someone stuck on the trail. Other then that I agree completely. If money is that tight that you can't pay for the event than stay home. I had to last year.

Polar 'not a free loader' Jeep

Back to my original question, the tshirt, dash plaque, etc. other then meal doesn't matter. If I was register myself and an extra meal ticket, would that take care of me and Sarah? If it is, I will do it.

I do have a question about the meal also, Sarah doesn't like beef (calm down, she likes bacon), is there non beef items there (I forget from last year).

Thanks to both of you, will register tonight.

Rev - I fully agree.

That being said, I am well aware my membership ran out. I can't re-up or pre-register this year due to schedule and budget circumstances (if you want to know PM or FB me), but if I am able to attend you better believe I will pay the WF reg. fee to come and wheel. If no pre-reg means no shirt/decal/dinner, so be it. I will still pay at the door to support my club that has provided a wealth of knowledge and friendship, and that lets me wheel a ZJ :D

Rev - I fully agree.

That being said, I am well aware my membership ran out. I can't re-up or pre-register this year due to schedule and budget circumstances (if you want to know PM or FB me), but if I am able to attend you better believe I will pay the WF reg. fee to come and wheel. If no pre-reg means no shirt/decal/dinner, so be it. I will still pay at the door to support my club that has provided a wealth of knowledge and friendship, and that lets me wheel a ZJ :D

You weigh like 9 pounds, we'll have extra food.....or I'll buy you some McD's! :D Also, you're more than welcome to my passenger seat!

You weigh like 9 pounds, we'll have extra food.....or I'll buy you some McD's! :D Also, you're more than welcome to my passenger seat!

I appreciate that Aaron. As of now I am going to try and get the ZJ up there, but if it comes to that I'll ride shotgun with ya. I'll buy dinner at the door if I can also, but I understand it is hard to guesstimate how many plates to have ready if people don't pre-register.

I appreciate that Aaron. As of now I am going to try and get the ZJ up there, but if it comes to that I'll ride shotgun with ya. I'll buy dinner at the door if I can also, but I understand it is hard to guesstimate how many plates to have ready if people don't pre-register.

I always have extra sammiches and turkey!

I didn't pre-register because my jeep just isn't trail ready...my tires won't show till late march, I have factory rear bumper with no tow points, and heck if I even had a front bumper. Bunch of other things I would still need to buy just to meet requirements for participating.

Maybe next year... :(

BUT

Rev

I agree 100% I've seen what you guys do last year, I've been involved in planning trips with other clubs. Those who expect to show up and run is a slap in the face to the organizers, the club, and all the other paid attendees. It's not like the money is going into Rev's pocket or anybody elses. Last night my roomate was bitching and moaning "I'm not sure if I want to go yet, can't I just show up?". I told him he's SOL, have fun sitting on ass in bufu Michigan playing video games March 1st and 2nd.

I agree 100% I've seen what you guys do last year, I've been involved in planning trips with other clubs. Those who expect to show up and run is a slap in the face to the organizers, the club, and all the other paid attendees. It's not like the money is going into Rev's pocket or anybody elses. Last night my roomate was bitching and moaning "I'm not sure if I want to go yet, can't I just show up?". I told him he's SOL, have fun sitting on ass in bufu Michigan playing video games March 1st and 2nd.

I'll wave at him when i drive by!!!

x3

Even if they are not part of a group I am in, I try to help if they need it. I was wheeling during T4T's and got in a sticky situation (was afraid to back down and couldn't go forward on a obstacle) and someone pulled me up.

Back