• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

sooo, i know i have been gone for ever, but i have still had my cherokee.

transfer case is acting up, and just dont have the time/space to get it fixed.

can I bring my 4 door rubicon down?

I think it should be able to hang out in its stock form

also, seeing as all hooks and tow points come stock, i take it that would meat the safety requirements?

oh, and it comes stock with all the armor underneath, so no more leaking gas tanks

also, seeing as all hooks and tow points come stock, i take it that would meat the safety requirements?

oh, and it comes stock with all the armor underneath, so no more leaking gas tanks

The stock hooks should be fine. I'd pass it during tech.

JIM.

I've wheeled with a few stock JK Rubi's and they work well, until they have to crest a hill. You will drag your belly A LOT.

just keep your strap attached to the front tow point and make sure the guy in front of you keeps you in their mirror and has easy rear tow points.

dan

I will be down there again this year for sure. Just registered myself and my girl friend. Hopefully I will not have the burdensome dachshunds slowing me down but that could change. I don't know which vehicle I will be in as so many projects are in the works. Either way, it will be a Jeep and I will relax as much as possible.

Should be good times! :eeks1:

Jeeps

So if I bring Sarah, do I say two attendees or just an extra dinner ticket since she is riding with me?

So if I bring Sarah, do I say two attendees or just an extra dinner ticket since she is riding with me?

If i am correct, if you say 2, then you get 2 shirts, stickers, plaque, dinner and raffle ticket. or you say 1 and buy an extra dinner ticket then, you get 1 shirt etc and 2 dinner tickets.

some one correct this if its wrong...

I don't think she will care if she doesn't get a shirt or the other stuff. Actually been thinking about it, might just not come for the official event. Nothing against the event, but might just find some people to wheel with Saturday morn and then come watch the barbie jeep racing and find a pick up run possibly and then go someplace to eat on our own in Indy after wheeling Saturday. Probably won't pre register though.

I don't think she will care if she doesn't get a shirt or the other stuff. Actually been thinking about it, might just not come for the official event. Nothing against the event, but might just find some people to wheel with Saturday morn and then come watch the barbie jeep racing and find a pick up run possibly and then go someplace to eat on our own in Indy after wheeling Saturday. Probably won't pre register though.

You can do that any weekend, you live like 10min away...

Understand that if you do not register you will not be invited in any of the club "pick-up runs".

There, it has been said. You either support this club or don't. I like you, I think you are a good guy, and I know money is tight.

BUT

YOU have gotten more then $35 of help in the past.....far more.

I have never faulted anyone for not joining this club, but if you cannot find $30 to come and wheel with us, on WinterFest weekend, you have the wrong hobby.

Sorry but this is a sore point for me, people that come to WF and do not pay the fee, then expect to just blend in and join us. We cannot keep people out of a public park, but we can check for tech stickers and ask you not to run with our group, and we can refuse to help should you become stuck on the trail.

Want to wheel the Badlands, great.

Want to wheel on WF weekend, great.

But do not expect a warm welcome if you try to blend in with the group during WF if you have not paid the fee that everyone else has, it is not fair to the people that have. people that have spent FAR more then $30 to be there with us. There are people in this club that will skip meal to make this run, they will pay the fees, they will buy raffle tickets, they will open their hearts to us all, and give beyond what is expected. The leaders will lead trails, organize recoveries, repair breakage, all with out asking for anything in return.

It is a slap in the face to show up at this event and plan to be part of it and its festivities without helping the club that has spent many many hours to plan it.

Want to not pay the fee and show up for just the fire? Fine, make sure to donate to the fire fund, we understand if you cannot.

But here it is, in black and white:

DO NOT SHOW UP TO WF AND PLAN TO WHEEL WITH US WITHOUT SUPPORTING THE CLUB THAT HAS PLANNED THIS EVENT.

Rev

Rev, I always like your statements; big, bold, and straight to the point.

I honestly have to say I feel the exact same... Money is tight here too, actually really tight... I don't know how I'm going to pay for food and gas to get to my next paycheck... But you can guarantee, barring anymore set-backs, you will see me there bright and early Friday morning, with a smile on my face, after driving 11 hours over night to get there. If I can't get a trailer by then, by God you'll see me roll in in just my Heep.

99SJ 'Really should find a full-size spare' Ex

Back