• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why don't we wheel...or at least do SOMETHING as a Chapter?!

There aren't any ruffled feathers. You just gave people a good reason to pipe up :thumbup:
Downside to this place, is to satisfy some you have to piss off some. If you satisfy the ones that have been around a while, ya piss off the ones trying to get their foot in the door.
Ya satisfy the ones trying to step up as a "new guy" ya piss off some of the old timers.

Satisfying one will push away the other simply based off goals and ideas. Sucks but true.
Deciding who to push away is a difficult decision, and this chapter, (purely in MY OBSERVATION), has made the wrong move. The chapter has been in decline for a while, and everyone wants a change. But ya cant keep doing the same thing and expect change. That would be crazy, literally. But any new guys come in and it steps on toes of older members. so there is a lot of bickering and hurt feelings.

Being a tattooer, I work when everyone else is off work
I sometimes take Mondays off. But rarely. And no one goes wheeling on Monday.
I still have my jeep. I still want to go wheeling. But I won't go by myself and lately I have been building my dads truck.
It's posted in "other rides" but no one cares about a bagged truck on a 4x4 site. So I've been pretty quite.
My biggest problem is I have more than 1 hobby.

I am having a car show on August 25th
You are all welcome.
There will be hand painted awards and a truck/SUV category!
It's also my birthday and my tattoo shops 1 year anniversary.

I typically have Mondays off due to working 4 10hr days a week. I like to go wheeling on Mondays because it is less crowded.

Well wtf. Lol.
Just kidding. I'd absolutely love to go but the only close places to me are ram off road park and eagle rock. ER is boring.
Last trip to ram was great except for the wind. I like it because there is something for everyone.
Maybe we can plan a chapter trip to ram.
If we have at least a months notice I can try to block out a Sunday and or Monday.
I definitely want to go to ram again before the cold hits.
My jeep is not highway worthy so far trips are out of the question until I get a trailer.

Until then. As I said before. You are all welcome to come to the party and car show on the 25th. If you need the address. Let me know.

There is Hacket, Longwater, and Metberry. Look it up, before the Hayman Fire, they were the major trails that COS went to. They aren't the same, and I'm not sure about Longwater, but Hacket and Metberry are open.

Ill check them out. It's just hard to even take my jeep across town to ER and back.
It really doesn't like any hills at 45+. Ram is close and its all back roads for me to get there.
And only 1 hill. Lol. I can do 55 all the way there and back without over heating problems. Its easier for me. At least until I can afford a trailer.

I miss wheeling and even most of you malcontents and misfits. Heck I miss my Jeep. I have been working in Minnesota for over 7 months now. I get home for 4 days every 5 weeks. At least one of those days is spent fixing vehicles for the 4 women in the family every trip. This trip I was able to borrow some tires and get an inspection on the Jeep. Well, at least I got to fire it up and drive it a few miles.

I really have to work to keep from getting really depressed. I think I have seen less than a dozen XJ's in my time in Minnesota, if you measure them by what is left after all the rust, it probably only adds up to 5 or 6. I saw one that was lifted about 3 inches on 31's.

our malcontents and mischief? Some one wanna retell the story from co fest last year? lol

I wonder if there is any real wheeling to be had up there?

i tell ya i sort of feel your pain, i don;t drive mine nearly as much as i'd like because of the lack of top and weather related issues

There's "Real Wheeling" to be had in MN. They have a 10K acre Off-Road park in Gilbert that I hear a lot of good reviews on.

Tom, you should have come along on the Apple Valley Farms event just across the border in New Auburn. It's a different kind of wheeling where we are. The term "Slick Rock" is not an oxymoron here, it really does mean that the rocks are slippery!

Ill check them out. It's just hard to even take my jeep across town to ER and back.
It really doesn't like any hills at 45+. Ram is close and its all back roads for me to get there.
And only 1 hill. Lol. I can do 55 all the way there and back without over heating problems. Its easier for me. At least until I can afford a trailer.

Its because of all your green paint on the XJ bro...lol

Its because of all your green paint on the XJ bro...lol

Ha! You phunay guy!
I think it's because my jeep is an over weight pig and it needs to go on a diet.
I may need a new radiator too. It has. 3 row with brass tanks.
I'm sure it could use replacement soon. No telling how much shit is built up inside... It usually stays at 210 until I hit a hill and try to keep a consistent 45+
Ill figure it out one day. Lol

Back