• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who needs paint anyway!

maui xj

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm taking humanities this semester, witch turned out to be more of an art history class. anyway, my final was to make a piece of art. no real regulations, just to impress the teacher and show him something he had never seen before.
so, a trip to wally world, 30 bucks and a day later this is what happened!

oh yeah thats duct tape!!!!

Impressive. that is creative! i should go get camo colored Duct tape! hell yea!

EDIT: 97-01 XJ with Older style Facia? WUT?????

my eyes hate you right now... but my brains says 'cool'

I have thought of doing a digital camo paint job. it would take some time and look pretty cool. CADPAT in desert tan colours would rock

Hahaha thats pretty impressive, i dont think i could do it that neat, all the lines are very percise.
What grade did you get?? i would love to hear your teachers reaction.

I thought it was kind of disgusting looking until I saw you lived in Hawaii. Then it sort of made sense.

I hope you got a good grade...at least for the effort. That had to take some time.

Body repair would take like 10 minutes.

Spackle on some bondo & throw on some new duct tape! :D

the pictures dont do it justice. it really smacks you in the face when you see it in person. at first i was going to get three colors of grey and do army ACU camo, but then i decided if im going to do it im going to do it as loud and obnoxious as possible. yes, i got an A. it was the class favorite, everyone wanted to take pictures of it/with it. i figure im going to let mother nature decide weather or not it stays or goes. every time i get on the highway i loose a couple pieces.

i was actually in the process of painting.
anywhere that was flat tan the tape doesnt like to stick!! (front clip and roof)

Back