• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the Flat Panel Bushwacker Flares?

I like the Flat Panel Style Fender Flares by Bushwacker and from what I am reading, this does not require trimming. Before I sink the money into these flares, I have a few questions. First, I would like to know the pros and cons. Second, I’m curious if there will be a fitment problem since I have added the JCR rear quarter guard?
33846874114_large.jpg

If your talking about there flat flares I have them and yes there is trimming involved. If you go to thee site they have instructions and you can see how much. As far as you jcr panels you will have to cut those back also. I just ordered a rear bumper from them and one of thre options is trimmed panels for flat flares.

The top mount holes stay the same, but you have to cut and fold in the rear to open the wheel well about halfway up.

They're pretty sturdy. I bashed one hard on a rock ledge and did some pretty awesome rear quarter damage, banged it out and put the flare back on. Just a couple scratches.

I got mine with a $300 gift cert from WF. I don't think they're worth what bushwhacker wants for them.

Okay, thanks guys for the info. I'm not interested if trimming is involved. I thought I would consider them if they were a factory replacement, but I'm fine with the OE flares. They do look good thou.

Really?

I kind think they're worth it....
FlatXJ_3.jpg

:thumbup:

Really. They're $450. They only real difference between them and a $100 set of rear tj flares is you don't have to bolt anything to the door.

Don't get me wrong. They're nice. I've bashed them against things and they open the wheel well up a little and look good. But BW priced themselves out of our market. At $250 they would fly off the shelves. But what they want is too much than what most of us cheap xj guys want to pay.

^ IF you have money to buy donk wheels like that then i suppose they are worth it.

If i wanted a mall crawler i'd get a wrangler
Hate much.
Devin wheels his rig.

Don't ASSume...make you look like a newb.

Really. They're $450. They only real difference between them and a $100 set of rear tj flares is you don't have to bolt anything to the door.

Don't get me wrong. They're nice. I've bashed them against things and they open the wheel well up a little and look good. But BW priced themselves out of our market. At $250 they would fly off the shelves. But what they want is too much than what most of us cheap xj guys want to pay.
Shop Smarter....
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...at-Style-Fender-Flares-By-Bushwacker-84-01-XJ

I scored my BW Flatties at a offroad event raffle for $100.......thanks to the Toyota guy who won them and wanted some quick cash. I had mine body color matched for a clean look. Fender trimming required, but they look way better than pocket flares or TJ units.

They could be trimmed to work with your JCR guards, but to fit right, you would want to trim your JCR guards or replace them with the early style guards.

IMG_7023-1.jpg

Last edited:
XJEEPER, nice pic! She looks good!

Paid $359 - Love them

Well I am really happy with them, I paid $359 (amazon I think), the flat flares do Not attach to the rear door, a major factor in why I chose them (the cutout tall bushys do though).

They do open up the fender a little on top, and reasonable amount on the sides - they essentially "re-radius" your fender so a larger tire will fit naturally into the well. They match up to JCR bumpers and sliders nicely. I have rear quarter armor and it required trimming 1" back from top angled to 1 1/4" at the bottom, now they play nice together.

XE-XJ-rf.jpg

If you can stomach the price even at what I paid, I don't think you will regret it. As another poster noted, you can D/L the directions and get a thorough idea of the install - that was kind of what sold me was how tough they look, and they Are Really solid.

I have them and love them. I run a 5.5in lift on 35's with no problem. Although I could use some bump stops up front. My rig was in an accident when i bought it and the front fenders are damaged but they still fit pretty well. The flares are stronger then my front fenders lol.

2012-10-08_18-19-41_822.jpg

2012-10-08_18-19-28_772.jpg

I have a similar quarter panel guard as you do, so I went for the Napier Cut and fold flares.

C1784317-46BC-4F1E-BB30-10F66F0CC09F-13344-000007C153B758D2.jpg

Really happy, and they fit great.

Back