• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who Bought My XJ?

xjaddiction

NAXJA Member #666
Came from TN, and I think I heard that it went to Arizona (not sure on that). It was purchased on Ebay from a dude I sold it to 10 short months ago.

Just wanted to see where my old girl went to. It's a red '96 XJ with about 7-8"es of lift with 35 TRXUS, and a snorkel. Lights on the hood;

730971531205_0_ALB.jpg

635256179205_0_ALB.jpg

Whoever bought it got a great XJ. Ant questions I'd be glad to answer, as I built it.

Thanks,

I've got an '88 MJ, 4.0, AW-4, chopped long bed, Wagoneer Dana 44's, with 5:13's, Spooled rear, lock-rite front, Warn hubs, about 8-9"es of lift.

Same trail I had the XJ flexed on in above pic. Not me driving, a friends son's 16th birthday present from me. A weekend trail ride.

100_2218.jpg

100_2276.jpg

Thanks again.

I have $3500 bucks in the MJ, even with the 5 brand new wheels and tires. My XJ had a total of $25,000 ( I started at the beginning of the XJ craze. That XJ has had 4 different lifts on it) including the purchase price of the Jeep.

I can still drive the MJ 70mph to the trail, wheel the crap out of it, then drive home 70MPH. There is something that just really makes me grin ear to ear in that MJ. Nothing like a good beater.

Here is a flex pic. The front tire is 4 feet off of the ground;

100_1712.jpg

Last edited:
MJ's are cool.

J trucks rock.

But I love me some M715!

M715-NeedsTLC.jpg

Actually the buy I boubht the '88 from has a 715; even Holly really liked the truck! (extra points there for her :D )

xjaddiction said:
Thanks again.

I have $3500 bucks in the MJ, even with the 5 brand new wheels and tires. My XJ had a total of $25,000 ( I started at the beginning of the XJ craze. That XJ has had 4 different lifts on it) including the purchase price of the Jeep.

I can still drive the MJ 70mph to the trail, wheel the crap out of it, then drive home 70MPH. There is something that just really makes me grin ear to ear in that MJ. Nothing like a good beater.

Here is a flex pic. The front tire is 4 feet off of the ground;

100_1712.jpg

hey great looking rig but how hard was it to do the wrangler fenders?

They aren't hard to do. You have to trim the flares, then bolt them where you want, or clamp them on with vise grips to see where you want them on the Jeep. Then use a marker, trim, bolt on with some self drilling sheet meatal screws.

A friend uses a cardboard template of the original XJ flares to get the cut on the bottom of the flare.

You will have to trim the bottom of the flares, and you will loose the OEM holes to attatch to the sheet metal. I used "L" shaped brackets and a rivit gun, or screws to attatch.

There are a few write ups here that you can find in the search under "TJ Flares"

715 Jeeps are just Bad. I would love to have one of those!

xjaddiction said:
Came from TN, and I think I heard that it went to Arizona (not sure on that). It was purchased on Ebay from a dude I sold it to 10 short months ago.

Just wanted to see where my old girl went to. It's a red '96 XJ with about 7-8"es of lift with 35 TRXUS, and a snorkel. Lights on the hood;

730971531205_0_ALB.jpg

635256179205_0_ALB.jpg

Whoever bought it got a great XJ. Ant questions I'd be glad to answer, as I built it.

I thought I saw that cherokee rolled in sycamore creek wash.

When, I just found out that it went to Arizona... I think it was sold a couple of weeks ago.

blue_flip said:
hey great looking rig but how hard was it to do the wrangler fenders?

Fender FLARES?

It's a very common mod. Search for it you will get results.

Thanks,

I might be chopping the back a little more, adding a new cross-member, and adding original lights and tailgate. The back end would look like the original MJ.

This is what it looks like now;

DSC_0141.jpg

Can't be the XJ rolled. I was wrong again. Went to Arkansas, not Arizona. I'm sure there are more than a few out there that look like my old XJ.

68456311805_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited:
Back