• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find Shotgun parts and acessories

PINK AK WITH BAYONET!

AK_HOT_PINK_DuraCoat.jpg

:yelclap:

Not THAT"s my Daughters first gun. Forget the Pink BB guns.
Or does it belong to Phil's daughter?

i say go with a pump for home defense. If you like the intimidation factor theres nothing like the sound of a shell sliding into the chamber on a quiet night. Ive been told stories of barricaded suspect situations being resolved in this fashion. Plus immediate action for a stoppage is pump it, follow on action is grab it by the for grip and slam it on the ground ejecting the shell. Im a fan of the benelli but i have seen malfunctions, although they remain rare. I like my 870 a lot butttt you need to train with whatever you use, pumps dont work if you forget to pump um right? Plus i can dump that benelli like its an auto haha sorry im drifting again... :looney:

that is a cool glock btw

Here is a picture of the Mossberg setup.

9llqhk.jpg

Here is how the military thinks it should be done.

2ypjl0k.jpg

The original Remington extension may be already tapered at the end for a bayonet.

Here is what is generally available (way overpriced). It can twist on the barrel with moderate force (unless you way over tighten it).

dfvau.jpg

I've got a 21" cylinder bore barrel being worked on, with a three dot tritium sight setup. Two dots in the rear and one on the front (one in the front would have likely been sufficient). Should work well for recovering wounded game in the dark.

Last edited:
i dont know what you are talking about :dunno:

Most people have come to the conclusion that racking the slide back is more likely to get you shot, than deter anybody. I for one, am going to shot first and ask questions later if I hear a hammercock or a slide work.
An M-9 placed a few inches from your nose, might be considered a deterrent in some circles, it would sure enough refocus my vision and thoughts on something besides what I was about to do. Some people think it is just a waste of time, just gets in the way or unbalances the shotgun and a quarter sized hole through the heart is the best response.

I used to teach my guys a little song if they were caught in the open, with no cover or concealment, it goes something like this " shot and move, shot and move, in a fight front sight", then you repeat the chorus. I never thought to add a chorus of "stop and hide if you hear the slide".

Last edited:
all im saying is that if i broke into someone house with a knife or a bat or nothing and i caught the sound of a shotty getting loaded up, im leaving, and in a hurry. Again with my home defense guns, i keep one in the pipe. I was just pointing out the option that an unloaded shotgun brings to the table to resolve a situation before it happens. Think of it as a pit bull or a BRINKS sign outside your door except if it dosent work, you can kill someone with it.

Just to reiterate, making myself known isn't what i plan on doing in the event that i encounter a late night visitor. If i have my way his first notice will be my surefire in his face followed by a hollow point.

ECKSJAY, i still have no idea what your talking about

all im saying is that if i broke into someone house with a knife or a bat or nothing and i caught the sound of a shotty getting loaded up, im leaving, and in a hurry.

Right, now turn into a junkie with nothing to lose who is fixated on taking the TV and anything else that's not tied down...to the point that some clacking sound doesn't mean shit to you and you keep doing what you set out to do. In the above scenario you wrote, you made the script...so of course you know what the sound is and how you'd react to it. Quit being silly.

once again, i wouldn't rack a round, i keep one loaded.

How about if i write a face full of 00 buck into that script? SPOILER ALERT! The junkies dead...

once again, i wouldn't rack a round, i keep one loaded.

How about if i write a face full of 00 buck into that script? SPOILER ALERT! The junkies dead...

I think the point may be, if you cycle the slide or even point the weapon, it may not be enough. I sure wouldn't cycle the slide and wait to see what the results were.
I've got my own rules of engagement, if there is one and he is unarmed, we may argue for awhile. If there are two, I'm less likely to argue and more likely to whittle down the threat (especially if they are book ends/a team), if there are three, armed or unarmed negotiations are over.

Last edited:
I think the point may be, if you cycle the slide or even point the weapon, it may not be enough. I sure wouldn't cycle the slide and wait to see what the results were.

Precisely. Why pull it if it's not getting used? If they're inside they've already crossed major lines and shown all sorts of intent, so there's no point in sitting and playing "because I said so" with them.

i agree. Plus i spook pretty easily with regards to bumps in the night. So realistically if i hit the sure fire and saw a guy with a weapon in my house, im shootin. That goes back to training as well.

Right, now turn into a junkie with nothing to lose who is fixated on taking the TV and anything else that's not tied down...to the point that some clacking sound doesn't mean shit to you and you keep doing what you set out to do.

...that

or turn into the group of guys in body armor and assault rifles who are out to collect a debt from a drug rip-off who have bad intel and burst into the wrong house... Don't know where you all live, but that is a very common scenario out here in AZ in regards to home invasions specifically.

...that

or turn into the group of guys in body armor and assault rifles who are out to collect a debt from a drug rip-off who have bad intel and burst into the wrong house... Don't know where you all live, but that is a very common scenario out here in AZ in regards to home invasions specifically.

I wasn't aware they had found an effective way to armor the brain stem. As far as their choice of weapons... I might die, but it's going to be face down in a pile of spent brass.

I wasn't aware they had found an effective way to armor the brain stem. As far as their choice of weapons... I might die, but it's going to be face down in a pile of spent brass.

The brain stem isn't that veridam big a target. You're better off picking them off with a precision shot from afar than trying to get in a hit up close and personal - you're not going to steady down well enough to hit a half-index card, even at short range. While running. In the dark.

Better off going for the facial shot. Lobotomise the bastid, then let him bleed out while you're checking for other threats (doesn't take long to bleed out from a major open head wound...)

draw a triangle from both eyes to just above the front teeth, thats soft tissue which allows penetration. The round or the principals of terminal ballistics sever the medulla oblongata and cause immediate incapacitation. That is the only way to ensure someone is down right, right now.

Completely missed the point...

I'm not going to pretend to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but man do I feel like freakin' Ginsu after hanging out here sometimes...

Back