• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy steel....nw nj

blitzkrieg28

NAXJA Forum User
i have looked online and the prices are good but the shipping is killer. i know there are some northwest nj members on here. where are you going for steel supplies. tractor supply sells some at ok prices, but i need to get my hands on like 12-14 ft of 2x4x3/16 to finish my rockers and im having a hell of a time finding it without having to purchase a lot of it.

bump, ive been looking as well, i tried burgess iron works in englewood, but they didnt have any box tubing in 2x6, which is what i wanted, when i was there they had some 2x4, you could give it a shot.

you doing high clearance rockers?

i just got a price quote from csr i think they are in glassboro, 2x4x3/16, 12 foot stick for 63 and change. i dont think i saw 2x6x3/16 on their site. ill send them a reply for you.

im also gonna see what they are on shipping. cause i really dont feel like driving to glassboro for some steel lol.

im in long valley, there is a steel distributor in great meadows across from island dragway however everytime i go there i can never find anyone in the office/building. im going to try and stop there next tuesday.

yea glassboro is far, that would be similar to my drive to stone harbor or rowan im assuming. it was just the best price i could find and the only people who responded to my emails.

Fazzio's in Glassboro? Not sure what CSR is.

Fazzio's also has a location in Wall, NJ that should be able to match the price:
http://www.jfiwall.com/

Sierra Steel LLC (formerly Phoenix Enterprises) is in Trenton, straight shot down 206 for ya...I used to get stuff there when I was in school at TCNJ. (609) 394-5237 They were always good for shady under-the-table stuff if you could buy drop cuts or surplus pieces.

TW Metals in Cranbury is probably the closest one to you but they've been pretty high anytime I've asked about anything.

Fazzio's in Glassboro? Not sure what CSR is.

Fazzio's also has a location in Wall, NJ that should be able to match the price:
http://www.jfiwall.com/

Sierra Steel LLC (formerly Phoenix Enterprises) is in Trenton, straight shot down 206 for ya...I used to get stuff there when I was in school at TCNJ. (609) 394-5237 They were always good for shady under-the-table stuff if you could buy drop cuts or surplus pieces.

TW Metals in Cranbury is probably the closest one to you but they've been pretty high anytime I've asked about anything.

yea fazzio's, their email says CSR for some reason tho. i will check out the one in trenton, thats only about 30 minutes from my work.

we used 2x6 box steel and it worked great hangs out a little but keeps other car doors from smashing into your door...and husband said eds is across from stagedolls go-go bar down the road from island drag way

you doing high clearance rockers?

i just got a price quote from csr i think they are in glassboro, 2x4x3/16, 12 foot stick for 63 and change. i dont think i saw 2x6x3/16 on their site. ill send them a reply for you.

im also gonna see what they are on shipping. cause i really dont feel like driving to glassboro for some steel lol.

Yup, ive got a rust hole in my rockers:tear:

Thats a good price for that steal compared to the offers ive been getting from shops around here. For a 4 foot section of 2x6 one place wanted 70 bucks.

we used 2x6 box steel and it worked great hangs out a little but keeps other car doors from smashing into your door...and husband said eds is across from stagedolls go-go bar down the road from island drag way

Thats where i went but it seems like no one is ever there. they had the stuff outside, i just couldnt find a perso to buy it from lol. and yes it is right across the street from stage dolls.

Yup, ive got a rust hole in my rockers:tear:

Thats a good price for that steal compared to the offers ive been getting from shops around here. For a 4 foot section of 2x6 one place wanted 70 bucks.

im gonna check out the place mentioned above again and see what they have, i wanted 2x6 but i was having problems finding it, since they have it tho thats probably what i will get. id like a little bit of door protection.

I know its not jersey but

METAL SUPERMARKET
4901 COTTMAN AVENUE
19135 PHILADELPHIA , PA

Back