• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are you?

I guess I'm the 5th "international" Canadian.

So how many are required for an "official" chapter?

I think becoming an " official " member comes before " official " chapter!! :doh:

I think becoming an " official " member comes before " official " chapter!! :doh:

are you really trolling the 'international' area just to make non-witty comments?
2 in one thread, congrats, now move on. (insert useless emoticon doing something stupid here)

as a canadian(richmond, bc) XJ owner, i visit naxja every now and then because it is a great source of information. but as it stands now there is very little incentive for a canadian to pay for membership. there are no perks, discounts, meetings or contests that apply to canadians here(that i have seen so far). and as mentioned, there isn't even a canadian chapter here.

now, i may pay for membership in the future only to support the site as i have gotten some useful help here, but so far naxja has catered specifically to the USA. kind of funny considering they chose a name like North American XJ Association. last time i checked, canada and mexico were part of north america.........

I guess the Canadians that we do have as members are adopted by other Chapters. I'm a Brit, paid member for nearly 4 years, lurker for longer, adopted by the IC. NAXJA are never going to have an event near to me. I'm a paid member because I've made friends at NAXJA events and I'm just proud to be a member.

As it is the North American XJ Association, I don't see that Canadians could not form a Chapter just like any of the others have done in the past. I guess by being visible in the 'International Forum' it's a starting point for getting that process rolling.

A snippet from the bylaws...

Article VII – Chapters Section 1: Chapter Formation
  1. Subject to approval by the Board of Directors, a Local or Regional Chapter may be formed by any group of fifteen (15) or more General Members in good standing. In order to form a Chapter, such group of Members shall inform the Board of Directors of their intention to form a Chapter, and describe the geographic region to be included in the proposed Chapter. If any portion of the proposed geographic region overlaps the region of a previously established Chapter, the proposed Chapter shall either revise its proposal to omit such area or shall obtain permission from the governing body of the previously established Chapter to overlap the territory of such previously established Chapter.
  2. In order to obtain approval from the Board of Directors to establish a Chapter, the group of Members proposing such Chapter shall demonstrate to the Board of Directors that sufficient interest exists within the proposed region to sustain a Chapter. The prospective Chapter shall submit to the Board of Directors a list of Members within the proposed region who wish to establish a Chapter, together with a table of organization indicating the initial Officers of the Chapter, and documentation of their election by Members within the proposed region. As a Chapter grows and it becomes feasible, they may split or divide. At this point, all parties involved should apply for Chapter status to the Board of Directors by submitting a list of Members and the new geographic areas described.

Last edited:
as a canadian(richmond, bc) XJ owner, i visit naxja every now and then because it is a great source of information. but as it stands now there is very little incentive for a canadian to pay for membership. there are no perks, discounts, meetings or contests that apply to canadians here(that i have seen so far). and as mentioned, there isn't even a canadian chapter here.

now, i may pay for membership in the future only to support the site as i have gotten some useful help here, but so far naxja has catered specifically to the USA. kind of funny considering they chose a name like North American XJ Association. last time i checked, canada and mexico were part of north america.........

just to comment on the bold;
all the discounts, meetings and/or contests apply to us Canadians. I have easily saved more money (using NAXJA discounts) than my 3years of membership payments have cost me. I've put my name in for any of the "free" give-aways by vendors on here, and if I had surfed more of the site I would have found, and bought, some tickets for last years "give-away XJ"

as for a Canadian Chapter, realistically why would there be? How often would you be willing to "meet" up for a Canuck run? lets say my place next spring, we'll run Forrest, Concession Rd, maybe Ardberg, CampNL...
Your not far from a US chapter, nothing stopping you from meeting up with them and going for a trail run... or inviting them to your area for a new trail ride they've never seen.

anyway, for the information I've found on here, forget the discounts I've used... the help alone has saved me a ton... huh, co-incidentally the MODs I've found on here have cost me a ton too!!

Surrey, BC. I just found NAXJA the other day while I was pretending to work, lol. I see quite a few modified XJ's driving around up here - I just recently bought my 2000 (new to jeeps) and am looking foward to exploring my own backyard - tons of trails up here. I think it would be great to have a Cherokee focused group/club up here...I know the XJ's are out there!

I am in Whistler BC home of the five ring circus.

x2 on what beakie wrote. This site (the members) is what helped me to make the decision to buy my XJ, I became a member right after that. An education is and expensive thing and the information and experience on this site is worth the cost of membership so when mine is up I will sign on for another two years. On the subject of discounts I did receive a number of them during my build (summer 08), but more important the vendors on this site I dealt with were knowledgeable and and quick to deal with any problems at no cost to me, only had one.
I think it would be great if we had our own B.C. Chapter, like Xjexplorer wrote there are a lot of moded XJ's around here, and more all the time. But at the same time if one was to ask the Northwest Chapter if one could join in on a function, I am quite sure one could, still would be nice to have something closer to home. Any intrest?

Hakuna,

I have a European friend that's been trying to talk me into driving from California to Chile at some point in the future. I really should start thinking about it, maybe we can get a few more interested. Your link will get me started on my research. Thanks.

Hakuna,

I have a European friend that's been trying to talk me into driving from California to Chile at some point in the future. I really should start thinking about it, maybe we can get a few more interested. Your link will get me started on my research. Thanks.

Lets do it!

I haven't asked Euge when specifically he wants to go. I'm assuming it's something he wants to do for his next 'big birthday' milestone. Have you seen how big Chile is? Probably going to have to learn some Spanish beforehand and I think this is something that might take more than a couple of weeks to drive both ways. Could look at sea freight straight in and out of Chile and then go touring in the country. Probably have to pay 'Carnet de Passage'. Have a chat with him about it.

I haven't asked Euge when specifically he wants to go. I'm assuming it's something he wants to do for his next 'big birthday' milestone. Have you seen how big Chile is? Probably going to have to learn some Spanish beforehand and I think this is something that might take more than a couple of weeks to drive both ways. Could look at sea freight straight in and out of Chile and then go touring in the country. Probably have to pay 'Carnet de Passage'. Have a chat with him about it.

Vince...you really really REALLY need to check out www.Expeditionportal.com and spend some time there reading stories of people who have done exactly what you want to do. The time, money and equipment demands are HUGE!

That being said, to me it would be one of life's epic adventures....even if we might get shot by bandits in central america.

Back