• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When you do the Rubicon...?

Akers87

NAXJA Forum User
how much extra gasoline do you take with you? i tend to find the better line than just gunning it up or through an obsticle, figure you break less this way too, any way just preparing for this summer.

when on the Rubicon...

how much extra gas do u bring/ go through. i tend to find the better path over or throughan obsticle rather than mashing on it. i know it will be different but i need an idea for this summer, thanks in advance.

Re: when on the Rubicon...

Fill up before you start and you should be good. I've never needed to add any gas on the trail.

But if it makes you feel better, a standard 5 gallon jerry can would cover you.

Never took any gas, just what's in the tank. Fill up in Placerville, run the trail, and fill up again in South Lake.

Last gas is the new station at Fresh Pond. From there, it's about 1Hr to the trail head. Ice House Cafe has the last gas, but they may not be open. You can carry five, but you won't need it. The trail is only 18 miles.

1 hr to trail head from Fresh Pond? you drive slowwww :) Gotta take those cliffs and curves a bit faster :D Kidding, but what cdaddy said, I think unless your rig is burninga lot of gas, you shoudl be able to make it with a full tank to Tahoe, no prob.

Back